Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can DREAM, can't I???

I can DREAM, can't I???

I can only speak for myself, but I'd SURE LOVE IT if the ENTIRE photo-posting format was CHANGED to a "browse-click-open-done" type of format, As this "copy URL(?) address of photo-cuss-retry-retry again-reread directions-ooops, it logged me out when I tried to post-retype post-forgot what I wanted to say-open second page to sign back on-oh-well-give-up...." set-up that's here now just doesn't give me that "user-friendly photo-posting" that I've seen for picture-posting on most any basic email.... I can only IMAGINE how many MORE great photos, Race info, & technical FUN stuff could be posted here, if only the picture posting process was updated....just my .02.....
    Last edited by Muzbnuts; 03-07-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Oh, & BTW, the website (once AGAIN, like clockwork) just automatically reminded me of it's penchant for freezing up, & "not responding due to running a long-winded script" after every time I post or edit anything.....& here I thought that being long-winded, freezing up, causing glitches, infuriating people, & running an excessively long script was MY job.......
    Last edited by Muzbnuts; 03-02-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Some things just aren't meant to be, I guess.

& why does it say that I "Must log in" & won't let my post go up, (that I just worked 30 minutes on) when all the while at the top of the page, it SAYS that I'm logged in???? Is that where I need to open a second window, then log in on the 2nd page (BEFORE attempting to post the new thread, so that it doesn't go "poof! & dissappear") then try to go back to the first page to post the thread? Honestly, I sat here for 20+ minutes trying my durndest to post a few pictures of my new racetrack, as Chris Dadds did a Beautiful job on it, & I'm wanting folks to get to see it, & know that it's up & working, but I just don't seem to be able to....."Get the picture" so to speak. Boy, I sure seem to get corn-fuzed EZ, huh.....
    Last edited by Muzbnuts; 03-02-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Works fine for most folks...

but sometimes it helps, if you can't figure something out... to read the instructions.

It works pretty much like any other forum on the internet - but yeah... it ain't Facebook.

The sticky thread in this forum explains it here:
    How to add pictures to your post

Also...at the top menu bar is a link to the "FAQ"

Here's the part about posting images:

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.
    Always a good idea, especially when typing long-winded posts, to copy and save your rant prior to hitting the "submit" button. If you do forget, you can usually just hit the "back" button on your browser and get back to your pearls of wisdom for another crack at saving it.

Paul K @ OWH
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 03-03-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Did Paul's advice help? Would love to see the track...........

If anyone wants to see what the track looks like, directions, or any other info, you'll just have to look on my facebook page... Steve Gerbig

The way you communicate with people via this messege board, i dont think anyone gives a rats *** what your track looks like, but thats just me.

Hi Steve, I went to your FB page, looked at your picture then right clicked it and selected "open image in new tab". When the picture was full screen in the new tab, I copied the url in the address bar and then came back to this thread. I opened the advanced reply window and clicked on the little photo icon at the top of the reply field. The little pop-up box asked me to paste the url into it. Let's see what happens....
    Last edited by Chris Dadds; 03-05-2014 at 11:45 PM. Reason: clarity
    Chris Dadds, Master Carpenter
    Building beautiful, smooth slot car tracks for your home, club or raceway since 1987!

(I only build things so I can support my tool collecting habit.)

Cool!

On the bottom deck, is that a "wiggle" or an elevation change?

Tex, I believe that is a wiggle.

Very nice! Chris, did you build that?

That's a wiggle Tex. Steve wanted it to add a little "Drive" to the rhythm of the race. Here's an overhead shot of it:

Since Steve wanted a full size Grandstand but only had room for a midsize track I cut the slots in my Real Racing Line so it would keep the speed up through the corners and run more like a full size track. Sort of like I did on that track I built for Tyler Slot Cars.
    Building beautiful, smooth slot car tracks for your home, club or raceway since 1987!

Great looking track but that kink is going to frustrate racers.
    Frustrated racers don't show up to race.

What is the footprint?

FWIW, I dig the kink. I would have placed it adjacent to the 90 or 180 though.

You're a lucky guy Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by KVAN View Post
    Tex, I believe that is a wiggle.

Very nice! Chris, did you build that?
    Guilty as charged :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast