Thread: The Pete Race!

The Pete Race!

Now it is just the “Pete” Race!
    presented by
    Southern California Retro Racing Association

Mark your calendar for Saturday, April 26 and Sunday, April 27, 2014, to make sure you are there for the Now it is just the “Pete”: race. The Festival will feature as much punching it down the chute as Buena Park Raceways King Track can accommodate! The King track is the place to have this race with speed in mind!

Buena Park Raceway will open its doors at 7 AM Saturday for the Can-Am cars. Tech will start at 9 AM and we will run until we're done.
    Some of the race prizes will be awarded on Saturday.

Buena Park Raceway will open its doors at 8 AM on Sunday and Retro Pro tech will start at 10 AM, with the race to follow. The Formula One cars will then tech and race, and we will again, run until we are done!

There will be a lunch break both days and race prizes will be distributed several times during the event.

We will run this event like Pete would have wanted, a little ragged on the edges, but with the right mindset. This invitation cannot be passed up. Lets make it a festival!

This race will not have hand-out motors and the TSRD3 and Falcon 7 motors will be run Can-Am and Formula One cars.
    BE THERE!
    John A. Cukras
    Buena Park Raceway
    6161 Lincoln Ave
    Buena Park, CA 90620
    (714) 827-9979

© 2014 SCRRA Promotions*

John & Nesta ; Will the Zombies & Others be there for the "Pete" race ? Creatures of "the woods" need to know too . ~ dr.nuke ~

San Diego at the beach of course, love babes
    Well here is some updates about Zimmy Race! This year we are having the same pic as the first year poster, but we are having three different set ups of this image.

Well Pete has been around for the last three years?

Nesta
    I'm the most boring person you could meet.

My personal favorite is the second set up above. Wish I lived closer & was about 20 years younger.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

I agree, Bill; it looks cool tacked to the telephone pole.

I liked the one you had of him holding the controller too!!! It's a great Pete picture!! It's gonna be FUN---and I'm ready early for once!
    T

Thanks for the kind feedback, we will have one large poster and it looks like it is going to be the one with pole.
    Flygirl is glad that she got something for the local S.C.R.R.A races, there will be two posters for this race.

Nesta

Nesta,
    I have to agree. The poster on the telephone pole just has that classic look. Can you put one in a shipping tube? I can Pay-Pal.

Sam I will take care of you and don't worry about Paypal. PM me with your info and I will take care of it.

Nesta

Thanks Nesta

I think the way you guys honor your dearly departed racers is a real class act.

I will frame the poster and display it with my other slot items.

Sam I will ship out the poster this week, as well BPR got posters today for you guys that are interested!

Nesta

Well got over to the track today for some testing before the racing!!! Good to see a lot of my buddies at the track again!! It's been over 3 months since I've been there. Can Am cars ran good--retro pro is smooth---F-1 cars are good but Alan Reeder wanted one more than I did!! Enjoy it Alan---cya at the Zimmerman in two weeks!!! Just got to get some retro pro motors together--and from the lap times I saw in Can Am---need to look at some more motors!!! Managed a few 4.2's---but Mill and Ben Jr got 4.0's!!! Crazy fast!!! Gonna be a FAST race!!!