Thread: Manta ray - no brakes

Manta ray - no brakes

I have a Classic brand Manta Ray and when I run it on my track I have no brakes at all. My other vintage slot cars all have moderate breaking. Any ideas on the Manta Ray ( the motor is a stock Classic brand)?

Motor needs to break in. Give it some time on the track and the brakes will get better. Had the same issue with a NOS 36D in Buzzy's Vintage race. Brakes came in after 5 or 10 minutes of practice on low power.

Try a smaller pinion or:
    1. Zap the magnets.
    2. Shim the magnets.
    3. Change the magnets to Champion ARCO with shim.
    4. Install heavier brush springs or bend a 90 deg. angle where it contacts the brushes.(Like on a Parma Deathstar)
    Last edited by Professor Fugly; 04-23-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Don't forget to check your controller for crispy-build-up at the trigger-contact for the brakes... Different cars with different amp-draw will be affected....(here it comes... Wait for it....Just a bit more!!!!).....differently.....

Looking to change gears on my Manta Ray from original 20x50. What's the smallest spur gear that will fit? I'm thinking 17x42 but don't have one to see if it will mesh.
    I don't want to cut any new holes in chassis to move motor bracket back. Any thoughts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My other car is a Manta Ray