Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ready to run Retro cars

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Not true at all, there are many people racing faster slotcars around the US and Worldwide.

The retro fad is strong right now in Ohio but it won`t last.

I have to agree and disagree!

Faster forms of racing are still very popular..maybe not in your area but NorCal averages @100 entries/monthly in 4 classes of built ceramic c-can powered cars. Seattle has a strong scale program going as do the ISRA USA groups and the Mid South group. This years D2 Nats were very well attended by people from all across the country and the 1/24 Eurosport(probably the best cost versus speed class..no glue, and green flag tire/motor changes) had 30+ entries. In wing cars 27L and OMO are getting very good turn outs all across the country.

I don't see retro going away any time soon...btw neither are FCR's
    Alan Ingram

Hi Marlon! I started racing as a kid with my dad at your track in Lynnhaven... I currently race retro cars in Massachusetts. So much fun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicago,IL Just waiting to get back to the Beach!
    Great to hear from you again! I'm glad you are still in the hobby. How's your dad? Take care in Mass!

He's great... Still talks about the glory days racing at your place, Danny Lee's, etc.... He needs to win the lottery, im sure a Va Beach slot car emporium would be the first thing he would build...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The JK x25 R brass retro chassis would be a good starting point, with a 'suitable' motor for your track. Hard to go wrong with the JK Hawk retro or Proslot 4002 FK motors for under $20 each. This RTR would be close to a $100 car, more expensive that a stamped steel RTR with the same bodies.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    I have Tom Hanson and Bud Bartos cars that will be for sale as soon as I get them back from my friend.

They are so much fun to race that I lent them to him instead of "enjoying" running them myself.

If you like Womps and FCR`s, you will probably like retro.
    Personally, I like faster forms of racing.
    Mike:
    I always liked you, you were not afraid to speak your mind, no matter who it offended. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12