Thread: Anybody know if Bob Schowengerdt is still around????

Chicago,IL Just waiting to get back to the Beach!

Anybody know if Bob Schowengerdt is still around????

Glouster(sp) Bob? A well known fixture around Virginia slot car racing back in the 80s and 90s. He had a raceway for awhile. Really a great guy. I bought an old American White track off of him that eventually went to Lynchburg Va...To Lem Campbell I believe. Where in the world is Bob? Just want to reconnect with him, see how he is doing.

I used to love racing with all of my dads friends... Gloucester Bob was always cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still alive! Retire from Instructing at Richmond Technical Center in 11 days. I still collect slot cars (especially those that raced at my old raceway) and race at Indoor Motorsports in Sandston, VA (tri-oval & drag strip). I'm anxious to race on the Ogilvie "D" shaped track that Raymond "Butch" Northrup is close to finishing in Gloucester (already put in a few laps...it is a battle track!). I hear the first race will be a tribute Harold Harding: a great racer and chassis builder...infamous for clearing the driver's stand to win a heat by his odoriferous emissions.

Hey Bob, Glad to hear you are still around and racing. I miss the good ole days running slot cars in Virginia. I hope you and yours are well. Happy to hear you will have a track close by. Take care.
    Marlon

Hello Bob and Marlon
    Good to see you are still playing with toy cars Bob and Marlonare you still setting up a track to play on. I race when work lets me I usually go to mimis Bob you and Fast Freddie ought to hook up and come together to Mimis once a month for some good flexi racing. I was thinking the other day about you and your race place Bob I had one of my better races on your track. Feep us informed about that D shaped oval Take some pictures and post them here.
    Lem

Hello Bob ! Glad to hear you're alive and well. Thanks to Marlon for making the post and glad you saw it. Do you remember a hole in the wall called Easy Street Raceway?
    Mack Johnson
    '86 Mustang footbraker
    6.435 @104
    http://www.facebook.com/NCslottracks

Yes, thanks Marlon! What great times they were! MACK!!! What became of the american track from easy street? Remember the trioval you built? It wound up in Bluefiel, VA along with everything else I had to race on. Some really great hardbody races. You couldn't go hide from your enemies on that track. We need a lap counter like the one you put together for the trioval. Anybody heard of a Trik Trax counter for sale? What's this 6.435@104? Hardbody NASCAR forever! Bob S.

Lem! I should have known you were still into it. After I retire I might find time to do some slot trekking. Keep in touch! Hardbody NASCAR! Bob S.

Hey Bob. My old Orange moved around the area quite a bit before finally making its way to Texas where a guy named Lonny is supposed to be doing a full resto on it. He's already restored a Blue King, so I'm hopeful it found a good home. Was wondering about the old tri-oval the other day. Is it still "alive"? I was also wondering about the old track you guys used to have in Roanoke Rapids and the guys that were in that with you. Can't remember their names. I'm really glad to hear you're doing well my good friend. We'll have to catch up sometime.
    I can't for the life of me remember the brand of those digital counters I used to make that lap counter. And the place I bought them from has since gone out of business. I'll see if I can find something that will work though.
    Mack Johnson
    '86 Mustang footbraker
    6.435 @104
    http://www.facebook.com/NCslottracks

Mack,
    Leslie Carico was the first owner of the MRC white track we had in RR. Called it riverside raceway when 4 of us bought into it and moved it from the hobby shop Leslie and his wife had, to the old Firestone store we put it in. I bought everybody out when I moved to Gloucester and couldn't find a place to put it up so I loaned it to D&K raceway in Va Beach owned by Kevin Taylor (a great wing car chassis builder) and Dave Metzger (sp?). Then it went to Marlon Reid's WEE RACE raceway in Va Beach, then Lem Campbell restored it and it was in the Camen raceway in Lynchburg with a purple surface.
    Your trioval went to Bluefield along with my Ogilvie King and 1/4 mile dragstrip when I sold out. I can't remember the other guys names that were in on Riverside Raceway except Leslie. I am in regular contact with him: he does excellent slot body painting. I have not heard anything more of the trioval since I sold it.
    Butch wants to keep it simple for the track he has put up so that is why we want a counter like you had. Any leads will be appreciated.
    Hardboy NASCAR! Bob S.

where is the track in Gloucester at?

I do know I`m responding to an old post just thought I`d give it a shot.
    I remember you Bob,Leslie,Gene May,Randy Patterson his brother who I think has passed.One of the guys who use to own the track with you cant remember his name but he is a chassie man for one of the big racing team.Yes I`m still in Roanoke Rapids building my own track 4 lane in my shop but their is also a track in boykins va only 30 min from me.He has a 100ft oval (drag stip with turn on the end and one banked)also has a figure 8.Been a long time since then.

Good to hear from you.What's your name? I have a couple of 4 lane tracks in storage that I'm trying to decide whether to open a small shop or sell them. I miss the racing . I just moved back to Virginia Beach after living in Chicago for 10 years. Great racing scene up there ...just too much snow and cold!

I may be looking for a 4 lane road course. Let me know if you are selling.
    Thanks

I have a 24ft oval and a 60 ft oval The small one is braided and fully wired with a power supply and a 4 lane lap counter. The larger one is also fully braided and it needs the drivers panel installed and wired. I have another 4 lane lap counter I can include with it but no power supply. All equipment is brand new.