Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: D2 rules proposals

The problem is there are more amatures then pro's. I think that is why built motor's were voted against that is why they went to hand motor's and run everybody together it sucks. I have a lot of money and time invested in those 16D motor's. Would like to see it go back to pro built motor's just my opinion.
    ParmaPSE
    3rd Eye Technology

Quote Originally Posted by Forsyth Racing View Post
    The problem is there are more amatures then pro's. I think that is why built motor's were voted against that is why they went to hand motor's and run everybody together it sucks. I have a lot of money and time invested in those 16D motor's. Would like to see it go back to pro built motor's just my opinion.
    Actually I don't think the numbers support that,I believe there are a large number of racers across the country that have built 16D programs and would like to race them. When the class was divided and ran built motors, the numbers were higher.
    Alan Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by topkat View Post
    it sounds like you may not have raced with us in a few years. all rule changes and policy changes are done by online vote to all active members. a suggestion would be to visit the USRA site, look through the pages in the book that pertain to the class of cars you wish to race and if something is a mis let them know
    hope to see you in 2015
    That's interesting, in Wings technical rules for a class are voted on by the members of that class at the Nats, not by an open online vote. Is it different in D2 Scale? Do all the members vote for technical class rules online? I don't believe I have ever been to a D2 Nats, plenty of D1 Nats but I wasn't aware we voted on technical class rules differently.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

Really not sure why this happened. Maybe the rule changed to get more of a local amatures particapation. Or the amatures were allowed to vote on the rule change and it messed it up for the pro's. This is why team Kelly doesn't show up to race at the Nat's. Just ask Duran, Danny Z.
    Last edited by Forsyth Racing; 07-21-2014 at 11:30 PM.
    ParmaPSE
    3rd Eye Technology

There was a vote to allow bearings, in the end bell at the Nat's in Seattle this past April. Maybe D2 does not have an on-line vote anymore.
    Last edited by Forsyth Racing; 07-21-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    ParmaPSE
    3rd Eye Technology

If I'm not mistaken it's an open vote to all D2 members. Maybe someone else could answer these questions better.
    ParmaPSE
    3rd Eye Technology

The vote in Seattle should have only been on whether the proposal will go to a general vote.

Voting apathy is the big enemy here. If the Kelley guys jump on board we can help change this back
    Alan Ingram

It's obvious that you guys don't bother to read the rule book.

Alan I've checked the USRA Member and Contact List and you are not on either. So that means you have not been a member for the last 4 years.
    Milton Gamble

Milton you are correct. My son is a member we did have a 4yr lay off.
    ParmaPSE
    3rd Eye Technology

You guys can best help by supporting (a/your) local raceway and if the budget allows attend the Nats when you can. Being a"Keyboard Goober" does not help keep raceways and manufacturers in business.

The rules are online at www.usraslots.com
    Milton Gamble

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    Where's the "LIKE" button when you need it
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Gamble View Post
    You guys can best help by supporting (a/your) local raceway and if the budget allows attend the Nats when you can. Being a"Keyboard Goober" does not help keep raceways and manufacturers in business.

The rules are online at www.usraslots.com
    Seriously !

That is your response!

BTW, I AM A LOCAL TRACK OWNER !

No, I am not a member and as I stated before that will change this year, well maybe not now.

This has been a positive discusion about changing one class back to where it had more participation. If we are mistaken about the rules, why not enlighten us about the process.

What part of this thread deserved a response of "keyboard goober".

How would returning to built 16D and a pro class not help raceways and mfgs? Personally, 'I'd rather spend hundreds on a few built motors than $12/ ea for FK motors for a National event.

I would have hoped for better input from the USRA National Director.........
    Alan Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    Nothing is ever perfect. I have heard about some issues in the past and saw what was allowed to happen the last time GP 10 was run as a split class with Pro running built and AM hand outs. The members there should not have allowed it to happen.

The rules votes do not happen at the raceway, they are online and very transparent. The current USRA leadership seems to be pretty good without any hidden agendas.

Maybe I was wrong.....
    Alan Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by RomanK View Post
    Where's the "LIKE" button when you need it
    What exactly would you "like" ?

The National director calling people "goobers" for attempting to join in the process of increasing participation at a once a year national event ?

Isn't the whole purpose of this site to have discussions?

Do you think the National director getting on here and basically telling people to "go away" is a way to increase participation ?

The USRA has a well documented history of chasing away good people, I wood venture to say there are more disgruntle "former" USRA members than most racing organizations.

However feeble and or misinformed, I was trying to increase participation and maybe even bring back a few really good racers.

Maybe I should do like so many before me and focus my energy elsewhere.....
    Last edited by Ingram; 07-22-2014 at 09:38 AM.
    Alan Ingram

Milton not sure who that was directed to but I will say that my son and myself have attended the scale Nat's since 2002 we are just comng off a 4yr layoff. We have supported the local so-cal USRA every month while we lived in S. California. I have spent a lot of money at these raceways, even at the Nat's. Since we don't have a local raceway in Phoenix AZ kinda hard to support. For my son as a pro racer it kinda hard to go backwards racing hand out motor's would'nt you agree. He raced nascar in Seattle, only because he was allowed to use his own motor's. Not trying to get in a pissing match with you over this. I would like to see the rule changed I know there needs to be a proposal sent in so that the racer can vote on it.
    Last edited by Forsyth Racing; 07-22-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    ParmaPSE
    3rd Eye Technology

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast