Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: D2 rules proposals

I`m a scale racer and a USRA member.

I like handout motors at big races like the Nats.
    I think they make the racing more even and lower the costs significantly.

The JK Hawk 7 and ProSlot PS 4002-FK are motors that offer good speed at a low cost for Group 10.
    Or if you`re still stuck on 16D`s, you could run a Chinese ProSlot S16D also.

The Hawk 7 and PS FK motor run about the same lap times as my best blueprinted 16D for way less money.

Group 10 used to be an entry level class.
    I don`t see why guys need to invest tons of money on motors for Group 10 when there are higher classes that utilize blueprinted motors.
    Last edited by La Cucaracha; 07-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Kvan we were there and voted against the rule. I understand why it was voted out. The problem I have is that the amatures don't travel to me we travel to the Nat's and would like to use our motor's in Nascar, and LMP. We will continue to adhere to the rules and still have FUN.
    ParmaPSE
    3rd Eye Technology

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    I`m a scale racer and a USRA member.

I like handout motors at big races like the Nats.
    I think they make the racing more even and lower the costs significantly.

The JK Hawk 7 and ProSlot PS 4002-FK are motors that offer good speed at a low cost for Group 10.
    Or if you`re still stuck on 16D`s, you could run a Chinese ProSlot S16D also.

The Hawk 7 and PS FK motor run about the same lap times as my best blueprinted 16D for way less money.

Group 10 used to be an entry level class.
    I don`t see why guys need to invest tons of money on motors for Group 10 when there are higher classes that utilize blueprinted motors.
    I like the hawk7 and proslot fk motors. But they don't run as fast as good blueprinted motors.
    KellyRacing

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z. View Post
    I wouldn't worry about what Ron has to say. He just likes to agitate and manipulate! If he raced USRA style cars still and didn't like a rule. He would sue and start up USRA"llc".

I still like your bodies, Ronnie. I'm racing with them sun in a retro race. Lol
    LOL good one Danny. When is informing or stating what needs to be done become agitation and manipulation?

When was the last time you went to a All USRA rules race? Quite a few years correct?

Who got sued Danny? Yep anyone can start a new ORG when they don't like rules of another ORG...... didn't your sponsor do that many years ago. IIRC..... it was right after the Mineral Ridge Nats..... correct?
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

I like the hawk7 and proslot fk motors. But they don't run as fast as good blueprinted motors.
    I said they run about the same as MY best blueprinted 16D.
    I`m not a Team Kelly racer...

The lighter weight motors usually equate to faster lap times than 16D`s at a lower cost.

Well in 2010 at Mid America on the Gerding King track.............

Expert Gr 10 with build your own motors TQ was 3.69 and the Winner ran 348 laps

Am LMP with hand out Falcon 7 motors TQ was 3.707 and the Winner ran 356 laps

Now that Hawk 7 and Pro-Slot motors are faster than Falcon 7 motors......... it is quite possible that hand out PS-FK's, Hawk 7's and Retro Hawks could run faster than built 16-D motors in the Group 10 class now days.

Being the PS-FK is 2 to 3 tenths faster than a Falcon 7............ you could go faster and cheaper over built 16-D motors
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

Maybe they need to send some 16D motors to me for a refurb, Ron.

I don't mind racing FK motors at all. I just like showing up to a race knowing what I have instead of hoping on the lotto handout motor.
    Different strokes for different folks.

I still like your bodies, Ron. Lol
    KellyRacing

I have raced built 16D motors vs hawk 7 motors in nascar before. 16D motors won. Wasn't even close.
    KellyRacing

I thought Spec 12 was a hand out motor in Div1
    Resident Curmudgeon
    "Manta" Ray Price

It is supposed to be, but it's not being run at the Div 1 Nats

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hershman View Post
    LOL good one Danny. When is informing or stating what needs to be done become agitation and manipulation?

When was the last time you went to a All USRA rules race? Quite a few years correct?

Who got sued Danny? Yep anyone can start a new ORG when they don't like rules of another ORG...... didn't your sponsor do that many years ago. IIRC..... it was right after the Mineral Ridge Nats..... correct?
    Yes, he did start a different organization. He used a different name. He didn't use the same name and put "llc" on it.

Well anyway, I'm confident someone will/has made a proposal for the upcoming nats race. Then the vote will happen. Either way the vote goes, I still hope for good entry numbers at all races. Even your organization, Ron.

You do make a fast body. Lol
    KellyRacing

DZ-
    Even if they aren`t as fast as Team Kelly`s good 16D`s, the newest FK motors like the ProSlot offer good performance at a fraction of the cost of blueprinted motors.

Again, there are several classes for motorbuilders in USRA.

In order to get scale racing going again nationwide, I think it`s a good idea to promote lower cost racing at both the Nats and at the local level.

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    Quote Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
    I thought Spec 12 was a hand out motor in Div1
    Ray it is but I suspect it's not long for this world. Support has been poor and this years Nats host has opted to replace it with a OM Gp-12 race open to all racers.

I was/am a fan of the hand out entry level class but for it to work on a Nats level it has to find support locally first, for whatever reason, that hasn't happened unlike many areas running sealed/handout Scale stuff. We did ok witb Spec 15 at our first Nats (2003) and so so at the other (2007) but we had to do a lot of legwork beforehand for that to happen.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

I would gladly run FK/sealed motors. (We race them in FL and retro) I'd rather be able to buy them and test them before I show up at a race then do the handout/lotto motors.
    Now, if it was possible that handout motors where in the same ballpark in performance, sign me up.
    But ,it doesn't work that way. Been there done that to many times with handout motors .

I do know racers who build motors that don't use Kelly products. They build rockets.
    KellyRacing

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't part of the issue that drove racers to vote "Hand-out" due to some "unobtanium" from at least one or 2 of the Mfgs? Seems I recall Bow and Kelly being mentioned in the conversations regarding "team" guys getting stuff others could not.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast