Thread: Paint striping tool

Paint striping tool

I need a tool that will paint a stripe on both sides of the slot with one pass. HELP please!!!

ubuibme1st@yahoo.com

Have you looked here?

Good luck.
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

If you do a search on Matstercraft or Masters paint striper you should be able to find a paint striping tool. Also might be listed as Marshalltown Striper. That the cheapest around.
    Try your local automotive paint supply store. Thats where I got mine to replace my 40 year old original Embee. Replace the bottle with a cleaned out empty squeeze glue bottle as it works much better than the glass one provided.
    Dick blick is one source: http://www.dickblick.com/items/28908-1009/
    I think I also saw them once the JCWhitney site.
    You need to purchace two to get a double sided stripping tool and make some sort of mount to stereo. One is usually enough as it dosen't take much time to do a side. Beside they are a bit more expensive to buy two which you need.
    There was a picture somewhere here on OWH of one in track building of one that was dual stipping tool but i don't recall the actual thread.
    Raymond

OK found the thread (better late than never): I forgot I did a brief tutorial ofn paint striping there also...
    http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...=track+striper

Picture in thread are gone but info is there. Go to Dallas Slotcars website picture gallery.

It is a Master striper with a simple replacement piano wire between both stripers thru the original screw wire guide and what appears to be a plate or wire soldered (between the two bottles) that goes in the slot. I would still replace the glass bottles with two empty plastic glue bottles.

Single striper showing wire with screw. Remove that guide wire an place the similar sized piano wire thru both bottles and tighten lock screws. Then add your own version slot guide to the piano wire. Plate brass would work or another wire or even a slot guide its up to you. Keep everything below the screw on for the bottles so you can still remove the bottles easily.

Picture of Gary Gerdings lane striper, Courticy of Dallas Slotcars dot com web site in pictures galley under G16 build. Thanks Shontel!
    http://www.dallasslotcars.com/photo-...ettingUpTheG16

Last edited by Slapshot; 07-25-2014 at 12:09 AM.

If you can't find it locally - then OWH's Slot Car Shop has paint stripers & paint striping supplies, plus various other track building supplies as well.

Master Paint Stripers – Double Line Striper Kit

Master Paint Stripers – Single Line Striper Kit

http://slot-car-shop.com/category/slotcars/slotcartrackbuildingsupplies/lanestriping/
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 12-09-2014 at 01:04 AM. Reason: fixed links
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The 'master' has a set screw wire guide which is one sided. Gary Gerding modified his so that a new wire guide is clamped by TWO stripers. I use and old flag with a groove cut in it to make a smoother pass than the wire in the slot.

The wide (1/4") roller is the only one to use for striping tracks. One Shot sign painting colors make the thinnest coat and nicest colors as well to get a true purple and blue and green.

Forget trying to clean the glass bottle between colors. Using old glue bottles is better and you can use finger pressure to equalize the flow of paint. The glass bottle uses gravity and tend to have erratic feed and looks messy.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

The Master paint striping tool is exactly what I want. Thanks to everyone for the responses and help. I am pleasantly surprised. Great group!!!

I agree with Larry about the 1/4" stripe (or wider) being the best visablitiy. Larry's much wiser than me......
    Go with the double line striper version, you can do a simple adjust the seperator plates to each side instead or add or remove roller widths to get the thickness you prefer. The double line striper won't do both sides you will still need a second striper unit still. It kind of a parody in words. The double line striper has a take apart wheel holder which uses a series of plates and wheels which can be added or removed. I am not sure and could be wrong but the single line kit has various tips that might be non take apart. If they are take apart are you have more options and several tips and plates to boot. I recall that they are take apart (split with pin axle) and fit inside the main holder that has the wire guide. Hope that is clear.
    FYI: The Link in Paul's Amazon Store will forward or send you to Dick Blick web site, but Paul will get credit bonus miles for going thru to support this web site.
    Raymond
    Last edited by Slapshot; 07-26-2014 at 01:10 PM.

The 'double line' striper is more for the intended AUTOMOTIVE pinstriping purposes ..cheaper than the kit with the extras. WE only need that 1/4" roller.
    $24 for the single tip kit - $60 for the multiple tip kit.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

what are the lane colors
    Thanks Rick

Normally for most 8-lane tracks, I believe the convention is: Red (closest to the drivers' stand), White, Green, Orange, Blue, Yellow, Purple and Black
    Last edited by Zippity; 09-02-2014 at 05:19 PM.