Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Closest Track in Illinois?

Closest Track in Illinois?

Hey all,

Well I just got notice that my local track in Bloomington, IL is closing as of December 31st.

So after 10 years of my stuff being in storage, I brought it all back out, upgreaded old stuff, new controller, etc spent probably over $1,000 and just send my C12 to Beuf to get rebuilt/fixed. I will no longer have a track to run on.

So what is the closest track to Central Illinois? I know there use to be several tracks in Chicago, but I heard there's only 1 now?

I don't think there are any in St Louis?

I'd really like to find a track within 2 hours, but I doubt that will happen. Even Chicago is 3+ hours..

Maybe someone here knows of a track that I am unaware of?

Thanks!

-TheChad

as bad as racing is now .... florida may be the closest .....kidding (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Poke View Post
    as bad as racing is now .... florida may be the closest .....kidding (I think)
    LOL, well Michigan is closer than Florida!

But yeah, it's almost that bad! I don't get it... In Northern California Slot Car's seem like they are making a come back, there are a bunch of tracks in Northern California now, when I left 10 years ago there were only a hand full.. In California Real Estate is EXPENSIVE, in the Mid West, It's CHEAP and yet, no slot car tracks *confused*

-TheChad

Chad, we have a strong club here in St Louis. Club racing is on Wed nights so that might not work for you but we are running an Enduro series about once a month on Sat mornings. A couple of competitors drive a few hours to race with the series. The class we are racing in the Enduro is Flexi GT1. We Qualify and award race finish points for Qualifying. (Helps to eliminate sandbagging.) Then the fastest and slowest Qualifiers are made teams mates, second fastest/slowest and so on. Each driver must race their own car and will be awarded race finish points with their teams mate. This format seems to work real well. If you are interested you can find the rules and schedule under the "Road Racing" / "Enduro Series" at www.gatewayslotracing.com
    Have a Great Day
    Mark

"Racing is life........Everything else,,,,,,,,,, is just waiting" Steve McQueen in Le Mans

"There are only two things in this world that make me feel alive. Racing is one of them." Mark H

MON THE BIFF !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hesketh View Post
    Thanks guys.

I am definitely going to look into the St Louis club, the OSSCAR's I've contacted before, they basically only have races, if they aren't racing, they aren't open. Which actually seems to kind of be a thing these days... I guess tracks aren't just have open track any more...

-TheChad

Or, try OWH raceway-directory

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/owh-raceway-directory

Bill
    HiSpeedProducts.com

Yeah, the OWH directory never even posted Ted's raceway I submitted it 3 times!

..and it doesn't show anything within 500 miles of me!

-TheChad

Chicagoland raceway is less than 2hrs North of Bloomington.

Matter of fact, some of us racers from up this way are heading to Ted's on 12/6 to race on the hillclimb.
    2013 USRA Division 1 Bathroom Scrubbing Champion
    2013 USRA Division 1 Track Cleaning Champion
    International Brotherhood of Turn Marshals, Local 0
    Race Director of Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post

Matter of fact, some of us racers from up this way are heading to Ted's on 12/6 to race on the hillclimb.

Yeah, I'm gonna try to make that race! It'll probably be the last one :-(

Bloomington is 45 minutes from me, Chicago is about 3.5 hours

-TheChaf

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post

Do you guys race I15 at Chicagoland? I assume you guys race C12?

What kind of lap times do you guys run in C12 at Ted's?

What gearing do you run on the king at Chicagoland?

Thanks!

-TheChad

chad, there is wiscrs in Gladstone ill. they have a grandstand. that is couple hours from you.
    pitstop raceway forever Rochester ny

Rumours have it that a Springfield raceway is in the works and that a Tennessee hillclimb may be set-up near Rockford.....all I know.

Mike has not raced wings on his king since the last Form 2000 series race. Isra/USA on the flat track and IRRA retro on the King are the most popular along with the wednesday nite RTR races. Open track time is always on.

Rodger may reopen - when? He has a contract tor 2016 ISRA worlds.......but you need a place to do it.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

Quote Originally Posted by flyin binky View Post
    chad, there is wiscrs in Gladstone ill. they have a grandstand. that is couple hours from you.
    Where's this?

Thanks!!

-TheChad

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcatlarry View Post
    Rumours have it that a Springfield raceway is in the works and that a Tennessee hillclimb may be set-up near Rockford.....all I know.

Mike has not raced wings on his king since the last Form 2000 series race. Isra/USA on the flat track and IRRA retro on the King are the most popular along with the wednesday nite RTR races. Open track time is always on.

Rodger may reopen - when? He has a contract tor 2016 ISRA worlds.......but you need a place to do it.
    A track in Springfield!?!? That would be awesome!!!

If you find out any more information on that, please let me know!!

Wait, didn't Mike Swiss use work for Koford!?

Why woulnt he race wings? Then again I don't really race, especially wings competitively, I'm more interested in open track..

-TheChad
    Last edited by TheChad; 12-01-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast