Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Closest Track in Illinois?

MON THE BIFF !!!

This one is in Des Plaines, IL

http://www.dadsslotcars.com/index.html
    MON THE BIFF !!!

There has not been a track in Springfield since I closed my track in 2001. And I have not heard of one coming. If there was one out there I would know it. I am racing at OSSCARS right now. The only wing car class that we race is winged flexi's. I have C-12's and I15's but have not raced them since Chicago Nats 2013. Sorry to hear about Ted's. What are they going to do with the tracks?
    Jeff Bechtel/Former Int-15 World & National Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bechtel View Post
    There has not been a track in Springfield since I closed my track in 2001. And I have not heard of one coming. If there was one out there I would know it. I am racing at OSSCARS right now. The only wing car class that we race is winged flexi's. I have C-12's and I15's but have not raced them since Chicago Nats 2013. Sorry to hear about Ted's. What are they going to do with the tracks?
    I don't know, I asked Ted what he was going to do with the tracks, he never answered..

The Old Big Black track wouldn't be worth saving, but the Hillclimb definitely has value!

A track in Springfield would be awesome! I work in Springfield, I am there every day.

If I could afford to, I would love to lease that old Field House bar on E Sagamon Ave right off the freeway and put a racing facility up there, have a cafe, R/C track out side, slot car tracks inside, big screens (like a sports bar), but no alcohol.

I've been thinking about it for a year or so now.. If my kids were grown and gone, I probably would do it!

-TheChad

Osscars Speedway is located in Mason City Il. 217 west Chestnut st. 30 minutes north of Springfield or 60 minutes south of Peoria and about the same from Bloomington. Osscars Speedway is also on Facebook. Open at 10:00 a.m. on Sundays with kids racing at 11:30 and adults shortly after. Wednesday nights at 5:30 and racing begins at approx. 6:30. Osscars has cars and supplies for the classes they run for more info check out the Facebook page. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheChad View Post
    Yeah, the OWH directory never even posted Ted's raceway I submitted it 3 times!

..and it doesn't show anything within 500 miles of me!

-TheChad
    Ted's Raceway is listed!

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/owh-raceway-directory

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/location/teds-raceway

Just type in Bloomington, IL or 61701 and select 50 miles.

I knew I had listed it, but sometimes the way the search works is a bit picky,
    so it matters how you use the search parameters.

I also still have Mink's listed - but it says "Now Ted's Raceway" after it - in case anybody is looking for Mink's.

Easiest way is to just fill in your zip code and select 500 miles.
    Then you can narrow down the miles to refine your search.

Paul K @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by oldweirdherald View Post
    Ted's Raceway is listed!

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/owh-raceway-directory

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/location/teds-raceway

Just type in Bloomington, IL or 61701 and select 50 miles.

I knew I had listed it, but sometimes the way the search works is a bit picky,
    so it matters how you use the search parameters.

I also still have Mink's listed - but it says "Now Ted's Raceway" after it - in case anybody is looking for Mink's.

Easiest way is to just fill in your zip code and select 500 miles.
    Then you can narrow down the miles to refine your search.

Paul K @ OWH
    Interesting, I tried my Zip Code 62573, Decatur's Zip Code 62522, chose 500 miles and if showed No results!

-TheChad

Quote Originally Posted by TheChad View Post
    Interesting, I tried my Zip Code 62573, Decatur's Zip Code 62522, chose 500 miles and if showed No results!

-TheChad
    Weird.... I just tried both of those zip codes and it worked fine for me. Ted's showed up on both searches.

I wonder if it's some sort of browser cache problem??? Do you have your browser set to clear or refresh cache when opened, or use a cache cleaner like CCleaner?
    Try hitting the "refresh" button and see if that does it. If not - try flushing your browser cache.
    Other then that... I have no idea what we could be doing differently.

Paul K @ OWH
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Here is the site for WISCRS:

WISCRS
    Sincerely,

Jeff Strause

Quote Originally Posted by glueside View Post
    Here is the site for WISCRS:

WISCRS
    Thanks, That looks like an awesome track!

I will DEFINITLY be visiting the track!

What are the hours? Any day just open track/practice?

Thanks!

-TheChad

We are open Tue-Thu, 6 pm to 9 pm, Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm, and Sunday from noon to 5 pm. It is open practice all the time. We try and race on Saturday mornings.

Let me know when your showing up because we have a few ready to race cars around for our Womp class.
    Sincerely,

Jeff Strause

What ever happened to In the Groove Hobbies & Raceway in Nashville, IL...They had bought a track I originally built...Be nice to see pics. of it....
    http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...f-a-Flat-Track

Hey, slot car enthusiast in Illinois or nearby. A promising newly relocated track in Westmont Illinois is now open for all slot car fans. Everyone is welcome to enjoy practicing, leisurely driving your favorite slot cars and later on join the different classes your interested to join and race. Mike Swiss is a very knowledgeable, friendly owner of the tracks with a complete hobby shop. I am again enjoying the hobby which I 1st invested time and interest 20 years ago. I only want to again enjoy the hobby now and for many more years to come. Come and visit Chicagoland Raceway!!! Visit their website for details.

I believe that track in Nashville closed down.
    Sincerely,

Jeff Strause

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bechtel View Post
    Well, Maybe we break out the I15's and C12's an run them together! Maybe we'll start something!

-TheChad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast