Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If someone is definitively tampering with motors, what should the penalty be ? ? ?

If someone is definitively tampering with motors, what should the penalty be ? ? ?

Just a question, curious to know your thoughts, if someone was caught or admitted to modifying or tampering motors, what punishment do you think is fit ? ? ?

Define tampering. Varying tampering may be legal depending on the class.

Reminds me of one of the most famous sentences in racing: I know he's cheating because I'm cheating and he's faster than me.

I have a couple thoughts. Tech is important to prevent cheating and guys, we're racing slot cars, it's not life or death (it's way more important than that LOL) Deliberate cheating over and over again should not be tolerated. All it does is drive people away and it's not like someone will take their place.

I would post their names here and on Facebook.
    That would at least be a way to shame them.

I read the posts over on the other forum and I am surprised a guy got kicked out for running an illegal motor in practice.
    If you try and race a car with an illegal motor that`s one thing, but just hot lapping with one is another.

Mill,

Our group of slot car racers is too small as it is.

Would naming them in a public forum like OWH or Slotblog, really achieve anything?

Sometimes it is better for "them to know that I know that they cheated", is a greater and more powerful deterrent.

Woe betide them if "they" try it a second time
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Mike, they were not kicked out for just running a tampered motor in practice..... this is not about hot lapping, Hell, you could run a big Dog x12 if you wanted, no one would have said a thing.....These penalties were for blatant disregard for the SCRRA rules

Zippity, naming them on a public forum will not help, because certain people have no shame, and would lie to your face anyway...

Go back & read the Slotblog posts. Someone posted names.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

San Diego at the beach of course, love babes

Thank you and all the sorry sh*t is all bull

Nesta
    I'm the most boring person you could meet.

San Diego at the beach of course, love babes
    Mill this is not Slotblog buddy its OWH and things don't fly as it does over on Deadblog.
    Here you got great Moderators and very little BS.

Nesta
    I'm the most boring person you could meet.

I do like you, Nesta. I can tell you love slot cars from your posts. That is all that really matters.

Your opinion bout a certain blog being dead is just not true. Just my opinion.
    KellyRacing

Race on flat tracks instead of kings?

Quote Originally Posted by cbr345 View Post
    And you think that will keep the cheats at bay?

I don't think so

Unfortunately, flat tracks are much too hard for many in the retro world.
    You should hear some of the guys around Ohio complain about flat tracks.
    Last edited by La Cucaracha; 02-20-2015 at 06:34 AM.

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    Correct me if I'm wrong Mill but don't the rules indicate that you cannot "run" tampered with motor? I can't see how any rule body can prevent someone from doing whatever they want to a motor that they purchased so long as it is not presented to tech. If there is anything more to it than than, you're not presenting such.

As one who builds his own motors, I have torn down a number of the "sealed" variety mills, just to see what made them tick, curiosity mostly.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

I spoke out on this on the other blog and will admit I think I was misled. My impression was that the racers in question actually raced "tampered with" motors in the Checkpoint Cup race and that was how they qualified for the A Main. If that is wrong please correct me. If a racer was just playing around with a "tampered with" motor during pre-race practice then this is a non issue. I feel like Roman, if the "tampered with" motor wasn't presented for tech then no problem. However, if the "tampered with" motor was presented at tech and the tech guy didn't recognize that it had been tampered with then that is willful misconduct with intent to deceive on the racers part. If the motors were found to be "tampered with" after the race the same intent applies. In either case I would suspend them for a minimum of one full racing year. I despise cheaters and they deserve everything coming to them including public ridicule and embarrassment. Sorry, but this is one thing I can't back down on. This hobby is so small and struggling to disrespect your fellow racers in this fashion is totally unacceptable.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast