Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If someone is definitively tampering with motors, what should the penalty be ? ? ?

Suspension for a sufficient time followed by extra scrutiny at tech. Repeat or pathological offenders should be banned for a year.

This of course is if they were actually caught at tech-in and during or after a race. I would like to see post race inspection of the top three at all races. Funny how some guys are so quick to yank out their motor after the race.

Present day sealed motor racing promised an equal and level field of racing. Has it delivered? To a limited degree,yes. Like so many have said...The cheats will cheat. No matter what. All we can do is tighten the inspection and move on to the next race and have fun.

Apparently some of you guys would have banned Earnhart Sr. for life when he put on 4 left side tires in the first practice and set fast time at the last race at Atlanta in '94 (I think).

Key word her is 'definitely'...

Were the three Arizona racers in question at the SCRRA event actually suspended because they were found illegal in tech, post-race inspection, or protest by another racer? OR... were they suspended because they were 'suspected' of foul play?

Was there 'definite' PROOF of wrong doing?

Therein lies the answer to your question...

Quote Originally Posted by larrymatt View Post
    Key word her is 'definitely'...

Were the three Arizona racers in question at the SCRRA event actually suspended because they were found illegal in tech, post-race inspection, or protest by another racer? OR... were they suspended because they were 'suspected' of foul play?

Was there 'definite' PROOF of wrong doing?

Therein lies the answer to your question...
    Other key word: "Admitted".
    Mill,
    Is this an open question or are we still referring to the Checkpoint incident?

I threw my question out as a general one, wondering what fellow racers thought..... The Checkpoint Cup Incident is over , in my mind, because I now have heard from certain people involved, and if they are telling me the truth, and that is a real question, then I believe I know what happened, and when the end of May rolls around, those involved will be able to race again....

Nesta, you can bury your head in the sand, and believe that there was no wrong doing...You would be wrong, by the admission of one of the parties to me.... If I believe the guy who planned it and carried it out, then there is no longer a question of what went on...

Nesta, you also encourage people to come over here to post, if you don't want it, then I will stop....

If you get caught cheating = DQ from that race unless rules define other penalties

I see no pleasure in winning by cheating.

The 'line' is very thin though. When does bending the rules becomes cheating?

INMO, if someone is practicing with whatever, it is practicing.

If someone enters an allegedly "Tampered" sealed motor and USES it. That is cheating. If it is practice, who cares? Do you want to have tech for practice?

Sounds like really not much at all if infact it was just someone practicing. No offense to anyone, but really now. Practice is practice and is just practice.... (Quote from some basketball player...hahahaha)
    CK DaBoer

Knocked you out of the slot!

I love reading the latest chapter of "Cheating in Retro".

Guys are having a good time at BPR racing $100 Wing Cars using the same motors and I haven`t read anything about cheating.

I have yet to read anything from "Cheating in 27 Light" or "Cheating in Hardbody" or cheating in anything but Retro.

Sounds like the problem isn`t the motors, it`s the guys who race retro cars.
    Last edited by La Cucaracha; 02-20-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Mike,
    Just because you don't read about it doesn't mean it is not happening.

And the guys I race Retro with are the best.

You should try racing more and bitc#ing less. Your whining about Retro has become tiresome and boring. Kind of like you. So what's YOUR problem?

Illegal Lighter Fluid, Tires, Bodies, Motors.
    The cheating allegations never stop.
    Whining about cheating in retro is hilarious.

I race when I can and I frequently finish in the top 3.

So concentrate on your own racing and have fun racing with a bunch of retro whiners.
    Buy the Tech Nazi a 6 pack of MicroPiss beer and maybe you`ll have an easier time.

Funny thing, I've been racing in USRA Wing and Scale classes since the late 80s and only recall one instance of cheating. I also like the fact that I can use my own lighter fluid and blueprint my own motors without being thought of as a cheater.

I'd just like to add one thing to Mikes list;
    Allowing an unfair advantage to a premier racer and motor builder for 7+ years and thinking nothing was wrong with it. Then kicking him to the curb when they finally woke up and realized the error of their ways. How anyone could have accepted that type of racing is beyond comprehension, unless they were receiving special consideration from that person all along. The main reason I couldn't bring myself to racing retro back then, now I may be too old to get started.
    Last edited by Fast Freddie; 02-21-2015 at 10:35 AM.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Buy the Tech Nazi a 6 pack of MicroPiss beer and maybe you`ll have an easier time.

It is a 12 pack of Blue Moon,and does not guarantee a pass,I know.
    Remember the lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    OK, Mom is on a short vacation trying to celebrate his birthday, how about everyone just tone it down a notch. Mike, we all know where you stand on retro, Sam, we all know where you stand on Mike, Mill, we all know that you hate cheaters and Fred we all know you don't like Ron....have I got everyone? Come on guys, we race toy cars for bowling trophies, smile and enjoy it a bit. and here's a smiley face to keep everyone happy
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Thanks Roman!

I'm back home now, but man did I sleep!

I was drinking Margaritas on the beach... and playing volleyball (which I haven't played probably since junior high! LOL).
    So I'm sore all over, and tired! But I had a ball!

I didn't drink any Blue Moon - but I only get out once in a blue moon.
    The only 12 pack I had was my abs.... but it's more like a 24 pack!

So I did get online a couple times late at night from the WiFi at the resort, and had to delete a few posts. (but I didn't feel much like posting or replying to the negative crapola).

Different strokes for different folks guys.... thank goodness we have so many different choices of slot cars to race!
    If you don't like a type of slot car racing - then by all means, race something you DO like!

But bashing someone because they enjoy a different type then you? Why???

Posts with personal attacks, name calling, or derogatory remarks will get deleted here.
    Repeated derogatory posts for those who don't get the hint will get you a time-out or banned.

Like Roman said.... we race toy cars for bowling trophies. Smile & have fun.

If you can't have fun racing slot cars... then you're doing it wrong!

PK @ OWH
    (even "mom" gets a vacation sometime...)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    Funny thing, I've been racing in USRA Wing and Scale classes since the late 80s and only recall one instance of cheating. I also like the fact that I can use my own lighter fluid and blueprint my own motors without being thought of as a cheater.

I'd just like to add one thing to Mikes list;
    Allowing an unfair advantage to a premier racer and motor builder for 7+ years and thinking nothing was wrong with it. Then kicking him to the curb when they finally woke up and realized the error of their ways. How anyone could have accepted that type of racing is beyond comprehension, unless they were receiving special consideration from that person all along. The main reason I couldn't bring myself to racing retro back then, now I may be too old to get started.
    Yeah Fred, there are a lot of rules in Retro that don't make any sense when applied to other types of racing. But they make perfect sense when applied to Retro. OH! btw....there is no maximum age limit rule, so you are welcome any time to come race the fastest growing genre in slots. All you have to do is check the couch cushions for motor program money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast