Thread: Passing of Dave Stox - April 1, 2015

Passing of Dave Stox - April 1, 2015

I received word from Martha Stox about 30 minutes ago, Dave Stox (aka on OWH as SST or Dave Stox) passed away this morning.

Dave was recuperating from treatment for colon cancer. Dave and I chatted last night about his plan to attend the scale Nats at Speedzone this month. Another dream deferred.

I'll post additional information about my friends arrangements as soon as I receive them.

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

Always sad to hear of yet another of our slot car racing "family" passing.

Yet another reminder to cherish the time we have with the friends we make and the families we share in our limited time riding around on this planet.

PK @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

He will be missed by all that knew him.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Chicago,IL Just waiting to get back to the Beach!
    Great guy and great slot car family. RIP Dave They were quick to help out. He will be missed. My condolences to the Stox family.

David called me last night also. He said he was having a bad day but was still making plans to attend the Scale Nats at Speedzone. We talked for about half an hour and he sounded like he was getting tired so I told him I had to go so he could get some rest, said I would see him at the race if my back got better. David was a very good guy, a strong racer, and a long time friend. Very sad to see him go. Our prayers go with him.

"I will miss our conversations." The Last Samurai
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    I'll remember Dave as a guy that was always wiling to help out if he could. Condolences to Martha, Patrick, William, and remaining family members and friends.

We're dropping like flies, we need to enjoy our hobby while we still can.

Wow Sad to hear that.. I raced with David a lot in the Mid South USRA. Had more than a few spirited discussions over the years and learned a lot through those discussions.... Condolences to his family...

Guys:
    Sad, Sad news. Dave was one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet. He was instrumental in helping us develop our GP12 Chassis program a few years ago. When Jim Verga and I quit as Factory Drivers for Koford and Camen, Dave was a big part of getting us up to speed w/ our C Can program that let us be competitive in Buena Park and Port Jeff. The racing community lost a great guy!
    Ron

Thanks guys

Very sad to hear. My condolences to his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
    Casey Scott

Team Camen - PK Armatures

www.theisrausa.com

The world has just lost one of the good ones with the passing of David. Whenever he, William and Patrick would show up at Redjack's Raceway, the whole place got a little brighter. The amount of friendliness and helpfulness they brought with them when they walked through my doors is hard to measure. They came to race, have fun and above everything else, help and teach.

Thank you David for walking through those doors.

You will be missed my friend.

Jack...

For any of you wanting to come - April 4th, 1 pm on - We are having a party in his honor.
    2841 Holly Springs Rd
    Williamston, NC 27892
    Anyone wanting to come, share your memories, and celebrate his life are welcome to come.

William,

Thanks for the update!

I'm rather alarmed that I don't or can't find more photos of Dave. Here are few shot at The Track in Gaithersburg, Maryland and at The ISRA Nats in Philly a few years ago.

Gill and Dave

Thatís Lou Pirro on the left Ö and Dave on the right

Bill Dougherty and Dave

ISRA Nats in Philly

Tony
    Last edited by Tmoore; 04-03-2015 at 02:21 PM.
    OWH Slotographer

My condolences to Daves family and friends. We are loosing too many slot car friends.

You're right Mark. Thanks.

Tony
    OWH Slotographer