Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parts website

Parts website

Just getting back into the hobby can anyone tell me which website has the most and best parts for cars and also track. Back in the 60's I always got the Autoworld catalog. They had the best and most selection of parts out there. Now it looks like they don't have much if anything. Which they had what they use to.

What did you race before? What scale? Home set or commercial? Go fast or play around? Your question doesn't provide enough detail to be able to provide any real answer...

I am looking for HO and also 1/24 scale. We just want to find a good start and go from there. Back 40 years ago I was doing the fun thing at home with ho but also had 1/24 to take to the shop on their pro track. It took their hole basement in a strip mall. There we raced for real and if I can find the same now we will go for it again. Thanks for any help[ you guys can give me. The kids and grand kids will love it.

Next question... where are you are located???

There may be a commercial slot car raceway near you, and we can let you know where... if we know where you live. That would be the best bet!

If the nearest 1/24 raceway is too far, then we can give advice regarding HO, 1/43, 1/32, or even 1/24 home track cars, parts, track, & supplies. Many of the OWH Slot Car Talk sponsors are raceways who have online stores and/or do mail order in addition to retail at their raceway, and can also advise you of the best options as well.

Paul K @ OWH
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 04-06-2015 at 11:24 PM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Find your nearest raceway and buy your parts from there. Ordering from any other source will result in a scenario similar to the one experienced over 40 years ago. Catalogs like the Autoworld you mentioned and others like it resulted in raceways not being able to compete with their prices. That and every store imaginable selling slots resulted in the "Great Crash". There were other additional causes but loss of sales surely did not help any. Sometimes your raceway does not stock an item and you find it easier and faster to order from an online source. Just make sure this source is a raceway. Not some online ebay clown (Ken-OH NO!).

I live in Steelville, Missouri. Kind of south Central Missouri. Around 100 miles from St. Louis.

Slot-Car Central - Osage Beach

The Race Place - Joplin

Raytown International Raceway- Raytown

Right, all the other side of the state.

WISCRS is outside of Burlington, IA and is just a couple of hour drive from you. There is a guy from Columbia that comes up here about once a month. Just an option.

We can also ship anything you need.
    Sincerely,

Jeff Strause

Columbia is 2 1/2 hours from me. Ia. is about 5 hours from me. Thanks for the thought though.

So.... if all of the nearest raceways are at least 2-3 hours away from you...
    It looks like your alternative would be setting up a home track.
    The next question would be - what are you most interested in?
    HO? 1/43? 1/32? or 1/24?
    Type of cars? Type of racing? (oval, road course, drag, etc.)
    Plastic track or wood routed track?
    How many lanes, etc...

The choice of what scale and what type of track and racing you are interested in,
    will help us to make better recommendations on where to find the best sources of track, cars, parts, & supplies.

Paul K @ OWH
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

There is no doubt about that. It has to be an HO cause then I build it big. 4 lanes at least if not more. Don't know how to build it more then that but ????

Rent a box truck and go pick this up if it's still for sale.
    http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...track-for-sale

Quote Originally Posted by Sam pan View Post
    Rent a box truck and go pick this up if it's still for sale.
    http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...track-for-sale
    Sam - that's a pretty big HO track. Sometimes I wonder if you actually read the thread before you post...

Paul K @ OWH
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Quote Originally Posted by kbbgood View Post
    I am looking for HO and also 1/24 scale. We just want to find a good start and go from there. Back 40 years ago I was doing the fun thing at home with ho but also had 1/24 to take to the shop on their pro track. It took their hole basement in a strip mall. There we raced for real and if I can find the same now we will go for it again. Thanks for any help[ you guys can give me. The kids and grand kids will love it.
    Yeah......I DO read ALL the posts.

But thanks for asking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast