Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parts website

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam pan View Post
    Yeah......I DO read ALL the posts.

But thanks for asking.
    So I assume your read post #12? "There is no doubt about that. It has to be an HO cause then I build it big"

Just recommending a 1/24th track that is for sale. So many raceways are started by racers who can't find a raceway nearby. In his case the nearest one is hours away. So what harm is there in making him aware of a very reasonably priced ready to run track? Maybe he would open a raceway and fill a void in the area? A 1/24th void.

If posters are attacked for their posts by trolls and moderators the blog traffic will soon suffer. Posts about other posts gets tiresome and boring. Being told to go read all the posts about a subject before posting and then being told not to dig up old threads is just funny. And I don't mean funny ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam pan View Post
    ...... Being told to go read all the posts about a subject before posting and then being told not to dig up old threads is just funny. And I don't mean funny ha ha.
    Yep, just like being constantly told to support your local raceway and not buy from mail order, is no longer funny

Some of us in this world, do NOT have a raceway within driving distance, let alone within our country's borders.
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

"If posters are attacked for their posts by trolls and moderators "
    Negativity . Tisk tisk......

How will the newcomers feel?

Zip
    Stop being so paranoid. If you read my first post on the subject I specifically state that clubs and Eskimos with no home raceway get a pass. Now back to your underpass.

KBBGOOD, did you race at Checkered Flag raceway in South St. Louis County? That was in the basement. I did and can remember Erv as the race director and one of the brothers who owned the hobby shop. Good times.

Yes I did, a little. I am surprised anyone remembers it. I wish it was still there.

I never raced at Checker Flag but I do remember it being across from South County shopping center and it having very large tracks. The Hobby shop is still there but the tracks are long gone. Ah the good ole days.
    Jeff Bechtel/Former Int-15 World & National Champion

Lucky Bob's Raceway in Milwaukee is a good source for HO part. He also is a regular host to major HO events. One reality to the high rents for retal stores is more club tracks - especially for HO and 1/32 scales. I know I tried to stock for all and found that I could not afford to be a one stop location for all. Even train stores specialize their inventory.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

Jeff, I have been to the shop where it is now but that is not the original shop. The original shop was in a small strip mall south of Watson road on limburg. I'm talking 45 years ago. I was 18 back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard16 View Post
    KBBGOOD, did you race at Checkered Flag raceway in South St. Louis County? That was in the basement. I did and can remember Erv as the race director and one of the brothers who owned the hobby shop. Good times.
    I raced at Checkered Flag from 1968 to 1972 - from '70 to '71 I worked behind the counter for Erv Schmidt. What a great guy!

His tracks were a 220' Engleman (with esses) and a 150' custom referred to fondly as the "Trick Track". The former was a smooth hi-speed beauty, the latter was a true driver's track, with lots of challenges to learn.

Erv was probably one of the best race directors ever - everything ran smoothly under his purview. I sure do miss both him and his tracks.

Back on topic: there are lots of home tracks operating in the St. Louis area. Monaco Grand Prix, the HO Racing Association, Gateway Slot Racing, etc. Plenty of opportunities for the OP to get back into slot racing, even if no commercial tracks are nearby.

Cheers!

I moved from St. Louis in '79. I raced slot cars in St. Louis from 1963-1966. Grand Prix Raceways on St. Charles Rock Rd, Midamerica Model Raceways also on St. Charles Rock Rd., Bonneville Raceways in Grandview shopping center, Airport Raceways on Airport road, and serveral others that I cannot remember the name of. I worked at Airport Raceways in the summer of '65 when I was 13.
    Jeff Bechtel/Former Int-15 World & National Champion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12