Thread: Slick 7 Bushings

Slick 7 Bushings

Getting ready to build a few cars, I have heard a couple mention about slick 7 axle bushings seizing if not oiled constantly. With only a minute between heats there may be a time or two the car wont get oiled. So question is..... slick 7 or not? Thanks...

Always. I only oil at the beginning of the race and have never had a issue. Just make sure you setup the rear end properly and brace it... No worries...

I never seized an axle with Slick7 bushings but I don`t know if they are any better or worse than an oilite.
    I`ve used them all without problems.

Slick 7 are the best rear axle bushing

A drop of oil at the start of the race is all that is needed.

Just ensure that they are soldered squarely into your chassis to begin with.
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

I have almost exclusively used them. I have seized one during motor endurance testing...it took about 700 laps, and I was using an oil not designed for them. Very bizarre experience, like a lead wire came off...just stopped dead. Took quite an effort to get the axle freed up.
    Before I started using Kewee Pee oil my axles would build up bronze on the non-pinion side. So I would suggest using this oil for peace of mind.
    listen, study, spy, try, research, invent