Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Rant---I'll probably catch Heck from this but it needs to be said

Quote Originally Posted by Michael.cannonj View Post
    If I'm unresponsive they go to ebay. It's on me to be a better place to do business than ebay.
    Two thumbs UP!

No track owner can be expected to carry everything. However,special orders should be filled quickly. If not, racers will go elsewhere. And when they place their order they may also buy other items they see. Some that may be on the wall. So the track looses more than just the sale of the one out of stock item. Keep a good stock and you will keep them shopping in-house.

Last night while I was running a guy wanted to buy one of my cars.

I didn`t feel right by selling stuff at the track.

I told him to go give the money to the track owner and I took a gift certificate for the price of the car.

That way the raceway at least made something.

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    Mike, that's the admirable way to do it and if more folks thought like you do perhaps raceways wouldn't be struggling to survive as much as many do.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

I asked my track owner for some Kelley D can setups more then 2 time all I get is the distributor don't have them in stock and he just made them legal in the rules. other racers have them and are little lighter and maybe faster we will see anyway, other raceways do have them and I ordered online! This is something I really do not understand I want to give him MONEY. I buy about 70% form my track owner. And guess what He is to blame ....... He talks about different things the distributor just don't have,,,,,, as soon as they get them they are out Certain out of sight bodies And Kelley products. I went to eagle distributor on line and look them up they showed the can but not the end bell. I ask him to call mr Kelley he just don't want to be bothered.. O well... If he had them I would get them from my track owner....!!

Shawnslot, outisight bodies are generally not available through distributors so your track is correct in that. Kelly has also been very slow in production due to personal family business he has had to attend to.
    I have to tell my guys that same thing about gears. Seems the gears I need are always out of stock. The ones in eBay are sometimes available because guys will buy up the stock and seek on eBay leaving shelves empty for track owners.
    Seems to be a vicious circle. Owners can't get parts because eBay stores buy them up. eBay stores sell because racers can't get parts at the track. So we have a problem with outside suppliers chocking off supplies and skimming off shoppers from tracks. But....that's capitalism. We track owners simply have to buy stock first. The challenge for us is we also have to pay rent too so I can't stock the quantities eBay stores do. Ironically, eBay stores need to keep me able to pay rent or they lose too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael,
    In theory, anyone selling slot parts in a wide spectrum of companies, should be a legitimate raceway, to be able to purchase said parts.

That said, it's no secret that at least one big E-Bay seller is a guy with a 4 lane track in his garage, that's shows no evidence to being open to the public.

But at least one distributor ignores the obvious, and still sells to them.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

If you are out of a certain item , and can't get it, have you tried calling other Track Owners to see if they can sell or trade something for them?
    What is popular at your track , may not be selling at other tracks and they will be glad to get rid of stuff that hasn't sold well.
    For instance, at your track lets say everyone runs a 35 tooth spur, but at another track a 33 tooth is popular.
    I'm sure if the other track owner has 35's, he will gladly trade you for some 33's, or sell you some 35's.

Car dealerships do this all the time, they trade cars with other dealers if they have a customer that wants a certain make/model that they don't have.

Also, lets say 5 people ask you for a certain gear and you tell them, 'I don't have any and cant get them'.
    You have lost 5 sales and made no money, and made 5 customers mad.
    Why don't you buy them at the eBay store and sell them to those 5 customers at cost?
    You still wont make any money, but you will make 5 customers happy.
    In the future, those 5 customers will check with you first , instead of going to the Ebay store themselves.

Sometimes businesses have to sell things at cost, just to keep the customer coming back.
    Support Your Local Raceway !!
    I beat John Cauthen !

Quote Originally Posted by swiss View Post
    Michael,
    In theory, anyone selling slot parts in a wide spectrum of companies, should be a legitimate raceway, to be able to purchase said parts.

That said, it's no secret that at least one big E-Bay seller is a guy with a 4 lane track in his garage, that's shows no evidence to being open to the public.

But at least one distributor ignores the obvious, and still sells to them.
    Yes.... I wasn't endorsing the practice just speaking pragmatically to cause and effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My local track has been told week after week that parts are not available. Nothing they can do. Blaming the track owner and buying elsewhere is not the answer.
    JK and Proslot appear to deliver so that is what we currently race.
    Ebay is not the problem. The people that buy off Ebay are the problem. You buy from Ken then go to his house and race. (Track owners should not buy from Ken's distributor.) Bu the good news is you don't have to worry, If your local track closes I'm sure Ebay will open a new track.
    Please support your local track.
    Mark

I stock the same stuff and a little more than what they sale plus I service what I sell

There are rules in the fine print of the agreement that raceways sign with the distributors, it's just that no one pays attention to them

I do tell people if I don't have it I can have it in 7 days or less, with the world nowadays they want it now,but I'm not going to buy a bunch of stock to set on the shelf just for that 1 guy who may or may not show up to buy a certain part

I am organized I have an order sheet ready always under my register and always write down what a customer wants but they have to put a deposit down first I'm not risking money for stuff that only 1 person wanted special and never came to pick it up

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456