Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 2015 Dynamic Challenge Proxy

Quote Originally Posted by proptop View Post
    O.k....so...Bob...3 out of 4 on your short list have checked in...
    The only one we haven't heard from is Jaak...
    Well Tom, thank you for all your efforts in contacting lost family members, and as you may know the song .....

3 out of 4 ain't bad .. But there ain't no Coup de Ville hiding at the bottom
    Of a Cracker Jaak box.

Note - I sent Jaak an email yesterday to an address I found on his website.
    He's a really good guy with a great sense of humor and I'm chasing him around the world to be sure we don't miss out on his ability to add FUN.

Good question from a member - 'can pinions be soldered on'

Yes - Press-on, soldered on or Loctite is acceptable.

Rule or procedure Updates will be added to post #1 and the 'edit' date will reflect those.

Greetings to all!
    It 'the first time that I am speaking in this forum. I am an old (regarding the age) boy (as regards the enthusiasm) that is returned to the slot for some years. I recently read this post and would like to participate. Post some pictures of the car that I have prepared very quickly, to know if he can take part in this crazy race!
    Thank you
    Giuseppe
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3838.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	16082Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3839.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	16083Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3841.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	16084Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3843.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	16085Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3844.jpg 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	16086Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3845.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	16087
    Last edited by 98arturo; 09-22-2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Upload new files

Who .. has fixed or sloppy Dynamic pans for their entry?

Anyone?

Me, same car except motor used in dynamic Challenge. #6t.
    Racing now at Wanker Valley Raceway and awaiting puppies!!

I have a set of the "fixed" (does that mean they are not "sloppy"?) ones planned for my entry...

Not sure yet if I want to enter 2 cars...
    Tom

Hi Johnny ... When you git'er done in race trim please post 3 pictures it in the Discussion thread for group view and inspection. We have new members that might not know of #6t ... Thanks.

Thanks Tom, Yes fixed ... the Sloppy Sam pans are hinged.

Keep in mind registration for any entrant is 10/1 which is 6 days and 11 hrs. from now ...

Entrants planning on entering multiple cars must present pictures of all cars for inspection by 11/15/2015
    Last edited by Professor Fugly; 09-24-2015 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Dates - procedure details

Maybe 10/1?

Thanks Asp,

Time goes fast enough with out a one month push.
    I stand corrected and will edit and clarify post #52.

Rule Updates in post #1

Magnets and Bodies.

Reminder - Registration closes in 3 days the field and rules will be "locked".

I hope to get the sloppy pans back in a day or few and will then start to build.
    If the sloppys fit with a sidewinder mount ... look-out ... It'll be a 'handling fool' ....

Funny .... the two guys that wanted them the most has not said a word lately. Haven't seen where Phil went and Jarius hasn't joined in the fun. ...just sayin'

Phil W.. you out there? Do you still want to be the race director at Modelville?

Paul E. ... Saw you over at Bill's ... are you out for sure?

Bob I. ... have you started to look at other places to host 'more Fun' for us? ..... Yes he is

Gator Bob - was thinking we will use DiFalco controllers on the drag strip with sensitivity on MAX to soft launch the cars. And... maybe the high-Ohm HO resistor modules if we/he can round up two of those.

Any of you guys have one of these two?
    DD262: Standard Resistor Network. 290 ohm, slow response for H.O. and 1/32 scale cars.
    DD282: Standard Resistor Network. 377 ohm, very, very slow response compared to stock 290 ohm network.
    http://www.difalcoonline.com/files/96586457.jpg
    Last edited by Professor Fugly; 09-29-2015 at 01:23 PM. Reason: DiFalco spelling

Tidying Up.

[QUOTE=Professor Fugly;335002]I hope to get the sloppy pans back in a day or few and will then start to build.
    If the sloppys fit with a sidewinder mount ... look-out ... It'll be a 'handling fool' ....

Funny .... the two guys that wanted them the most has not said a word lately. Haven't seen where Phil went and Jarius hasn't joined in the fun. ...just sayin'

Phil W.. you out there? Do you still want to be the race director at Modelville?

//I'm still in.

//If you want to know why Jairus didn't participate go back and read the thread on SB.

//Yes, I want the pans. Whom do I contact? Rick?

//I see you have changed the rules again. "Any ceramic or alnico magnets"? Up to 1970? Or are you including post 1970?

//Also, I have a Mura that absolutely fits the FT-16D chassis, the same as any other FT-16D. How can that not be legal?

//It would be good if builders say now how many cars they think they are entering. This would not be absolute, of course. (I am entering one car.)

//I will post a date for the Modelville race when the builder list and rules are set.

[QUOTE=Ol' Slippery;335040]
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Fugly View Post

//I'm still in.

--- Well alright !!! !

//If you want to know why Jairus didn't participate go back and read the thread on SB.

---- He has until registration closes to decide.
    Could you summarize that .... the zoo keeper or something like that or is it about the pans and all the misconceptions about my original reason for not wanting them? Like it's an 'un-fair' advantage to those that don't have access to them...
    It's up to him ... I'm good ether way.

//Yes, I want the pans. Whom do I contact? Rick?

---- Contact Rick ... I'm under the understanding they won't be available in time.

//I see you have changed the rules again. "Any ceramic or alnico magnets"? Up to 1970? Or are you including post 1970?

----1970 is the cut-off date. It was a clarification not a rule change. Please don't spin it that way.

//Also, I have a Mura that absolutely fits the FT-16D chassis, the same as any other FT-16D. How can that not be legal?

---- Is it a Mabuchi? . Like this? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4027.JPG 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	16108 or Strombecker Hemi set up That would be allowed. There isn't a Dynamic motor mount designed specifically for or labeled for a Mura A,B or C can motor.
    That is the way the rule was written. If you can provide and documentation that there was I will approve it.

//It would be good if builders say now how many cars they think they are entering. This would not be absolute, of course. (I am entering one car.)

----That will be determined during the inspection phase of the process as they are presented. That window is 10/2/2015 - 11/15/2015

//I will post a date for the Modelville race when the builder list and rules are set.
    ----Today ( next 24hrs.) is the deadline for entrants and rule questions or protests.

---- BTW: Phil, you seem 'edgy' about this whole deal ... Don't suck the fun out going in with a bad attitude.
    ---- New Rule - Chill out or stay out.
    I'll PM you my phone # if you want to discuss it any further.
    Last edited by Professor Fugly; 09-30-2015 at 06:32 PM. Reason: PM sent

Bob,

I am sorry if you think I'm being "edgy", "pissy", or that I have a "bad attitude", but that's your perception and not the reality of it. My tone is a questioning one. All I have done is question what you are saying, because the rules as you initially convey them are not clear to me. Maybe I'm just dumber than a box of rocks, but I need for you to be more specific so I can tell if it's a rule change or a clarification.

Also, as I said, don't agree about multiple car entries. Your reply was that it was no advantage and you reasoned that it should be allowed with a gum marketing slogan. But you didn't answer the fact that each additional entry is a statistical advantage.

If the group wants me to "get the F*** out", as you so eloquently put it in your PM, because you say, Bob, I'm not "fun", I will.
    -Phil

FWIW I am entering one car...inline frame...Mabuchi FT-16D set-up in AMT purple with the Dynamic (sold as a Dynamic part number, but made by Mura) can-in-a-can shim and Mura magnets and endbell...arm choice hasn't been decided yet.

It will have a thingie body by 027R...don't recall the name right off hand though...
    Tom

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast