Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: A Backmarker's View of the 2015 ISRA World's - Prague

At the end of 6 it’s Eric and Nikolai tied, Olli 2 down, Jiri 4 down. The pace is slightly slower than the D Quarter.

At the end of 7, Eric and Olli are now tied, Nikolai is 2 down, Jiri 5.

Whoops, made a mistake, sorry! Now is the end of 7. Nikolai lost a wheel and 5 laps. So in the end it’s Eric in the lead, Olli 2 down, Jiri 6, and Nikolai 8.

And that’s pretty much how it ended: Eric Signal with 276, Olli 4 down, Jiri 7, and Nikolai 10 back. Nice run for an old man. ☺ Wish I were that fast!

I spoke with Casey: He spun a pinion while running well.

The A Quarter is of interest only in that the only names you’ll likely recognize are Ricardo Texeira, Matti Fyhr, Janis Sneiders, Vladimir Horky, Peteris Taurins (he makes those beautiful “aquarium” power supplies), and Petr Krcil. Ricardo, Peteris and Janis aren’t old names, but they’ve been fast for a while, and I’ve been mentioning them on and off for a number of years.

Just like last year in F1, I had a bad race yesterday evening. Couldn't drive either purple or black, then used the rest of the race as a learning opportunity. Sure hope that I do better in F1. I have a very fast car for that race, and earlier this week I was getting around great on all lanes. No problems, though. I've been having a great time every day.

Back to current reality: In the 5th, we’ve got Matti and Vladomir tied for 1st, both at a furious pace. It’s been like that all race. Psychological warfare for later, I’m thinking. As it now stands everybody else will make the B except Ricardo who’ll barely make the C Semi.

In the 6th, we've got Horky doing a tire change. Lost 4 laps. Now 4-5 laps back, tied with Peteris. I'm surprised with the tire change. These are only 3 minute heats. (The semis are 4, the final 5 minute heats.)

During the 7TH, Matti leads, Peteris is 4 down, Vladomir 6. Current pace has Matti and Peteris in the A, the rest except Janis in the B, and Janis in the C Semi.

In the end, Matti wins, with 282, Peteris is 2nd 6 down, Jiri Cihlar (first mention of that name) is tied with Horky eight down.

I just noticed that I made another mistake: That was the B Quarter. So forget all I wrote about who will race where in the semis.

You could fire me, but I’m the only act in town. There’s lots of good photographers here though.

So now it’s the actual A Quarter:

Raivis Jansons, Martins Reinikovs, Jan Zemlicka, Jaroslav Recek, friend to all –Alex Leite, Antonin Vojtik, Chris Bruyninx, and Pavel Flaisig.

Mid 5, the news is that everybody is within 4 laps, pushing hard.

Everybody is on pace to make the A or B Semi. So I’ll sign off for now. I’ll be back to do the B & C Semis.

Except Chris Bruyninx, something happened and he's out of Semis.
    zipper

Iím back, middle of the B Semi: I was wrong in my prediction about the end of the A quarter. Chris Bruyninx changed to some bad tires right at the end of the race and fell out of the semis. Heís my friend, so Iím feeling not so good about this race with Casey, Paul, and now Chris going out with bad luck. Paul would have made the A semi. He said that the motor was fast right up till it started to burn. The carís impounded, so we wonít know what happened for a while.

End of 5, weíve got Horky in the lead, Recek 1 back, Breno Vidal (another new name) 6 back, then James Cleve 7 back. Peteris Taurins, Jiri Cialar, Olli Kantamaa, and Andrey Zhbanov are further back. Olli had an unclear mechanical, but is back running with fast lap times.