Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: A Backmarker's View of the 2015 ISRA World's - Prague

Mid-8, Matti just got a 2 lap penalty for an improper penalty. Antonin leads, Paolo now 4 down, Horky and Recek now 7 down. Matti in 5th 11 down, so the penalty won’t matter.

And it’s over. Antonin wins, 1 lap up on Paolo, Recek in 3rd 5 down. Horky a close 4th, 6 down.

Antonin drove fast and steady after a tire change in the 4th or early 5th. I’m not sure, but I think everybody ended up with a tire change.

And the huge discrepancy between our truly very elegant surroundings and the feeling in the room remains exactly intact, though not nearly as crazy as at the production race.

Now we clean the track, and start 1/32 F1 practice in an hour or two (it's 6:45 pm now). Practice till after midnight, then back at 8, I think for more practice, qualifying and some quarter heats tomorrow. I sure hope that they keep the maximum number of racers at 120. If the schedule were to get any more strenuous people would start dropping over. Though the upside of that would be lots of pictures of people who got Gugu'd.

Thanks Greg for the race reports and background info,just don't push yourself too hard,you really don't want to get Gugu'd! Bill
    Remember the lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

Thank you for these reports Greg. Look forward to them every year. Have fun in F1!

Bernie Schatz

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fulmer View Post
    Thanks Greg for the race reports and background info,just don't push yourself too hard,you really don't want to get Gugu'd! Bill
    Ditto.

IMO, being Gugu'ed was only funny the first 986 times, he's done it.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Saw a facebook post of Roger asleep with lane stickers all over him pretty funny . Thanks for all the reports Greg say high to Voska for me
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Just turned on the camera and who's big head is there Voska's LOL
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Saw a facebook post of Roger asleep with lane stickers all over him pretty funny . Thanks for all the reports Greg say high to Voska for me
    The sticker thing is funny.

The painting of another guy's finger nails, I find a bit.............let's just say odd. JMO.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Bill, Mike, thanks for the concern. But been there, done that long ago. Now I either hide or sleep in a car.

Today we finished 1/32 F1 practice, qualified, and we're running all of the quarters today/tonight. 120 racers again. Pretty big race.

Normally, I don't report on heats, but the K is worthy of commentary: We've got the very pretty Latvian, Carmen Mets, in clean clothes and a nice ISRA shirt, up against 4 considerably scuzzier Americans (Jim Radford, Mike Iles, Wes Pikunis, and Jason Hooper.)

Mid-5 it's a couple of apparent Russians in 1st and 2nd, followed by Carmen 5 back and the boys 4-6 back.

End of 6, Wes has passed Carmen, rest is the same.

End of 7, Wes is in third, 2 up on Carmen, who is 3 up on Jason and Mike Iles. Jim is way back with an unclear mechanical.

In the end it ends up pretty much exactly like that.

I may be back later tonite, for sure I'll be up and on for tomorrow's Semis and Finals.

Greg

I'm a couple of heats late, we'll get right to it: Group B Semi, 1/32 F1:
    Heat 4: Chris Radisisch and Horky are tied for the lead, Dominyk Budrys (a kid), Pavel Flaisig. Recec, and Jonathan Forsyth are tied 4-5 back, Paul Gawronski is 6 back, Casey Scott 10. Pretty exciting result for the Americans.

Paul raced like a mad man in his heat yesterday to make it into the B Semi. One of the coolest performances from the whole race so far. Like in 1/32 ES, the qualifying was just all over the board, and many of the usual really fast guys could be found way down on the list, and a ton of kids were racing up high, and one of them made it into the B Semi.

End of 6, we've got Horky 3 up on Chris R, then Dominyk, Recek, and Jonathan tied 5-6 back, Paul 8 back, Pavel 9, Casey 14.

The four in the middle are going to have to run faster to make the main. But Vladomir has the afterburners on. End of 7, Horky in the lead, Chris 4 down, Dominyk, Jonathan, and Paul 6-8 back. Recek and Pavel 11 back. Casey is too far back. Didn't see what happened to Pavel and Recek. I'm thinking tires. Too busy typing, not watching enough!