Thread: Parma Controller Wiper Wire

Parma Controller Wiper Wire

Since these controllers have been around for decades, I have little doubt that someone has come up with a "better" way to hook up the wiper wire to the wiper. Anyone who has used one for a while had probably dealt with the breaking of the wire after flexing for a million times. I have been repairing rental controllers for 2 tracks and I really don't like the repairs I have done because I don't feel they are much more reliable than the original construction. I have been splicing an insulated wire in place of the flexing section and it works fine, but... I have been considering adding a slip on connector to the lead wire in the controller handle and making up a number of pluggable jumper wires. Not a fix, but it would sure make a replacement quicker and easier for future repairs. Somebody has to have come up with some other solutions... If you're a genius, please sign in!
    As usual, any help (even in jest) is appreciated,
    Oldguy

What I do when that particular problem arises is hook it up like a difalco controller.Difalco has the wire part and is not that hard of a repair.You can contact me on the pm system and I will try and send some pictures if you need them.
    John

There are a couple of different things you can do:

1 - use a piece of braid in place of the wire

2 - take the wire and make it into full circle look instead of the drooping bend. It last a lot longer.
    Sincerely,

Jeff Strause

Silicone lead wire is a good option. Usually those drop-offs that are too short to hook up a womp or the ones you just tossed in the trash. Like Jeff said, the longer the flex area, the less stress to break. Double them for power if desired.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

Thanks for the suggestions. I have little doubt I will have the opportunity to try these out...
    Oldguy