Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 USRA Division 1 National Championships (NATS)

Is there a Nats. race week schedule or are you still working on it? I just might make this one. It's been a long time since I raced at a Nats in Georgia. Could turn this into a vacation for me and the wife.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Please note.......

The 2016 NATS Information at the beginning of this thread has been updated to now include the 2016 NATS Categories, Race Schedule, Entry Fees, Payouts, and Bonus details. Remember to refresh your browser to ensure you are viewing the most recent postings.

We look forward to an outstanding event. Any questions, please don't hesitate to call us.

All the best,

Rich

SpeedZone
    Peachtree City, Georgia
    770-486-7223 (RACE)

About to lock in air fares - are the dates locked in now.

2016 NATS Participants.......

It has come to my attention that due to several "NATS Date Rumors", a post should be made regarding the official USRA dates for the 2016 NATS; held at SpeedZone, Peachtree City, Georgia.

To be clear, the USRA approved dates for the 2016 NATS are 5 August 2016 through 14 August 2016. These dates were determined in the fall of 2015 and remain unchanged. Please make your logistical planning using the 5 -14 August 2016 event dates.

Thank you, in advance, for much appreciated attendance.

Best regards,

Rich

Rich Van't Hof
    SpeedZone
    Peachtree City, Georgia
    770-486-7223 (RACE)
    678-427-0017...cell (Rich)

Will the group f be a handout motor,and will any class be using a Spec tire? Thanks Bill
    Remember the lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

Grp F is NOT a handout motor class.
    Grp F allows the ProSlot FK motor only. Motors may be purchased at your home raceway.

Grp F, OMB and USRA Am Box all require a spec tire.

In 2015, Grp F was required to run one brand of spec tire.
    OMB and Am Box had their choice of 3 different spec tires.

All spec tires must be purchased at the Nats host raceway. Tires will be marked.
    The rules require the spec tires to retail for $13.
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

Thanks, do they know yet what brand and part# for the spec tires?

No not yet. There are several brands of spec tire that could be used for the various classes.
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

Thanks for the info. Bill

What are the motor rules for OMB 12 Amateur or Expert
    Mike Blevins
    serfprod@yahoo.com

Mike, this site has the current rulebook for all USRA classes. The OMB does not separate AM and PRO because it's run as a all mains event. So your qualifying time places you in a specific main and lap totals determine the overall winner. A winner can come out of any main not necessarily the A main.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Group F rules state that it is there to provide new racers a wing class on the national level. Is this class restricted to only new racers or is it an Amateur class? What I'm getting at is will even experienced Amateur racers be allowed to compete in this class?

Been there, it doesn't say if shunts (expert class) are allowed.
    Mike Blevins
    serfprod@yahoo.com

Mike, Pro Grp.12 motor rules for OMB. Look under the USRA form, find Rule and Class changes, its there.

Rob
    GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!

Mike, try page 69 in the online rulebook. There is a motor box that outlines what can be done and it shows that Expert GP12 uses shunts. You are right though, under OMB there is no direction as to whether the motors can be run as AM (no shunts) or PRO (shunted). If you go to the Facebook USRA you will see that on Aug. 26 2015 it shows OMB uses PRO motor rules, funny that didn't make it into the rulebook. It would be nice if someone would take the time to fix the rulebook, I offered my services as a former Technical Manual writer for the military but was told my services weren't required.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast