Thread: Tire Truer Question

Tire Truer Question

I was thinking of getting a tire truer, but I was wondering what size power supply I would also need to run it? Anybody with experience on the subject feel free to reply. Thanks in advance!

All of the armature and tire grinders that I have seen use a "RC stock class 550 series" motor. They do draw more power than the typical C-can slot motor. Usually these need to run at 5 - 6 volts and more than 6 - 8 amps for good performance. Most recycled computor power supplies are not up to the task and most quality slot car supplies are. A voltage control is important so that spinning the part too fast will give a poor/erratic finish.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

Trigger man used to sell a 5V fixed power supply. Don't know if he still has them but they work great and I still use mine. Small, light weight, and it was under $50 if I remember right..... it was a long time ago.
    Why do I do this to myself?

Any variable voltage will do, really want to do finishing truing on 4-5v slowly, so tyres don't get hot and centrifugal force doesn't distort it
    listen, study, spy, try, research, invent