Thread: USRA DIV I Nats Date Change

USRA DIV I Nats Date Change

USRA Nats Date Change

Due to the recent questions about the change of date for the 2016 USRA Wing Car Nats, the USRA is releasing the following statement and explanation.

The USRA By Laws state in Article VIII, Section A Line 5:

"The annual Wing Car Championship Race shall begin and end in the month of August."

All dates that have been announced and included in the Nats Bid by Speedzone NJ were within the month of August 2016.

The USRA By Laws also state in Article VIII, Section A. Line/Paragraph 3:

"Once the hosting track has been established, the ACTUAL Nats race schedule will be determined in collaboration with the hosting track and the USRA Divisional Director. Once a mutual agreement is decided by both parties, the final schedule will be sent to the National Director for final approval."

Prior to the bid being made for Speedzone PTC at the 2015 National Championship, the National Director informed the Representative of Speedzone PTC that was at the race as well the Raceway Owner prior to the bidding, that the dates listed may have to change and/or be changed.

No schedule was submitted or approved prior to the raceway owner posting a schedule on the OWH on Nov 9, 2015, which at that time he was contacted immediately about the posted dates not being approved and was asked to change to the dates of Aug 5-Aug 14, 2016 which the raceway owner agreed to do and posted a corrected schedule with the correct and official dates of Aug 5-14, 2016 for the USRA National Championship Event. At no time was the raceway owner "threatened" with moving the race to the back up site.

The dates also had to be changed so all USRA personal that needs to be present at the 2016 National Championship will be there for those dates. The previous and unapproved dates did not meet all of the USRA officials personal work schedules.

All of these decisions was within the USRA By Laws and Rules for the 2016 National Championship Event and agreed upon between the USRA and the Raceway Host of the 2016 USRA National Championship Event.

The "official" dates and schedule for the 2016 USRA National Championship Event is August 5-14, 2016 at Speedzone PTC in Peach Tree City, Ga.

Respectfully,

Shontel Howard
    USRA National Director
    11-12-15
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

From GoFast Products (on another thread):

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GoFast View Post
    Go Fast Products and SlotCars-R-Us "The Track" would like to thank Shontel Howard for her response to the questions that arose yesterday regarding the date changes for the 2016 NATS at Speed Zone Peach Tree. We as a company apologize for jumping to any conclusions and appreciate the situation being addressed. The statement I am sure will clear up questions for anyone concerned. Here is the link to the statement posted last night.
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 11-14-2015 at 12:29 AM. Reason: added quote tags
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

Where are the rules Shontel? I've asked in a private message and have received no response in over 24 hrs. I think everyone wants to know. The previous rule book states that next years rulebook will be posted NO LATER THAN Dec. 1st its now the 22nd. What's the hold up?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I reposted the rule changes for 2016 in a separate thread. The 2016 online rulebook will be posted soon.
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

Have the controversial items in the current 2015 rule book been addressed? I'm referring to the ones that popped up right before the Div.2 Nats.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

What's the story with Cahoza set-ups?

The cahoza set-ups are still legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Madtes
    Penn/Jesery NASCAR Series
    Motors by Mic B
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Fast Tracks Raceway
    USRA D-2 Supporter

Thanks Jon.

Yes as previously posted on OWH and the USRA FB page, Cahoza setups are legal.
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com