Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Mossetti Patriot Striker Chassis

Bring it out tomorrow Mike, you can run it!

Wish I could be there. I'm thinking I might make the February race.

Slot cars in general around the world isn't exactly in any sort of growth spert and we have an over selection of chassis as it is, so do we really need another to pick from? Is there a problem with whats available now ?

If it was my call i would be heading down the road of a cost effective laser cut chassis that cant be played with in anyway for entry level, to which i guess technically the Mossetti is a laser cut of sort as only the up rights are stamped/formed to which one could argue its legality as a stamped chassis.

Again do we really need another in a diminishing sport, still i guess its fun to try new stuff.

Steve,

I'm sympathetic to your post, but it doesn't fit the reality. Since this is a new legal ISRA team Production chassis, at the very least most all of the ISRA team racers around the world will be trying it out. That's a few hundred people. And the OWH is a good place to talk about it.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by steve37 View Post
    technically the Mossetti is a laser cut of sort as only the up rights are stamped/formed to which one could argue its legality as a stamped chassis.
    at least someone else sees the problem here
    Roger Schmitt

MidAmerica Slot Car Raceway LLC
    109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

Mid America Raceway Naperville
    1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

Roger,

That's funny. Then the other problem is that ISRA approved it. As I recall, the delegates were well aware that the chassis is laser cut.

Greg

For me its just a way to make some dollars i really dont think we needed another chassis, and likes been said its more a laser chassis then stamped it shouldn't be listed as a stamped item.

Nothing to do with sympathy the fact its copied the body mounting platform of the X25 is purely to get a piece of the market nothing more, if i took that approach i would try to improve on the X25 and i dont think he has.

Quote Originally Posted by steve37 View Post
    For me its just a way to make some dollars i really dont think we needed another chassis, and likes been said its more a laser chassis then stamped it shouldn't be listed as a stamped item.

Nothing to do with sympathy the fact its copied the body mounting platform of the X25 is purely to get a piece of the market nothing more, if i took that approach i would try to improve on the X25 and i dont think he has.
    Steve37 I don't understand your position
    Taking your approach, did we need the X25, X24, C11, ProSlot, Kelly or any of the other chassis since the Turboflex? Do we need 25 different tyre options or $1000 controllers?
    listen, study, spy, try, research, invent

Quote Originally Posted by Greg N View Post
    Has anyone tried out one of the new Mosetti production chassis yet? Are they faster than the JK ISRA production chassis (x-25, I think, maybe x-24, I always forget)?

Greg
    Greg, I'm guessing you're already aware of your comprade, Rob's, review of it.
    If not, it's on Slotblog, along with a synopsis from me.

Needless to say, the bite bar assembly needs some rethinking, at least to run on the Fiedler Flat.

A funny aside was Geary, happy with his 3rd place finish, paying it compliments after the race.
    " It's stamped out real nice(ly)".

And I countered, "You know why?, Because, it's not stamped out". Lol
    Last edited by swiss; 01-10-2016 at 03:32 PM.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by swodem View Post
    Steve37 I don't understand your position
    Taking your approach, did we need the X25, X24, C11, ProSlot, Kelly or any of the other chassis since the Turboflex? Do we need 25 different tyre options or $1000 controllers?

Those other chassis are years old the development of stamped chassis in general has been somewhat quit around the planet along with slotcars in general in fact more on a down slide than anything, its still very debatable to the legality of the Mossetti as part of the process is laser cutting and those words are not used in a stamped steel chassis process.
    Like you have found its about on a par with a X25 once you figured out a few things, so......it still needs to be flattened, it costs more,it maybe stronger but performs about the same as a X25? Then theres the person ability to drive and set a car up.
    Races are still won by laps not lap times im just waiting for JK or someone else to pay Horky or alike to develop a new chassis....then again we dont have a chassis problem in the sport a severe lack of people is by far a bigger issue new chassis isn't going to bring new people in the door just amuse those already in the sport.

New Mossetti Patriot Striker Chassis

I don't think there will ever be another stamped steel chassis, volume prob does not permit the cost of dies, and laser cutting small items is now cheap, so it's just a change to modern technology. I didn't think the X25 came out more than a few years ago!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there will ever be another stamped steel chassis, volume prob does not permit the cost of dies, and laser cutting small items is now cheap, so it's just a change to modern technology. I didn't think the X25 came out more than a few years ago!?

100% agree laser cutting is less expensive and allows greater creativity i was heading down more the fact its really pushing the " stamped chassis " thing to the limits to how you interpertate things.....still cant find laser cutting being ok with formed up rights.

Im pretty sure the X25 is more than a few years old now

Just needs the rules re-written for modern processing era, does it prohibit?
    I think the X25 came out 2012 but I'll research and check

Edit: Came out late 2010 http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...5-2-pc-chassis
    Last edited by swodem; 01-10-2016 at 05:30 PM. Reason: additional info

Just needs the rules re-written for modern processing era, does it prohibit?
    I think the X25 came out 2012 but I'll research and check

Edit: Came out late 2010 http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...5-2-pc-chassis

Like i keep saying we are catering to a demising hobby you would like to think the focus moved more to that, guess not priority to many.

What is the point you are trying to make other than the sport is struggling with racers? You haven't shifted to Wellington have you? ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast