Thread: Proslot Sealed 2002 16D tips

Proslot Sealed 2002 16D tips

Team,

Looking for any help with these motors. Two tracks and cant seem to run with the "Tweakers". PM if you don't want to post public please.

If you want to catch the fast guys on the straights you need to improve your corner speed.

Work on your chassis setup and the lap times will drop.

gotboost is right. Racers sometimes feel they are being beat on the straights. When the real problem is cornering speed. In all racing it's the racers who go deepest into the turns and come out the fastest who dominate. But if a better motor is what you want,here are a few things you can do with a sealed 16-D:

Look at the brush hoods. If they don't look straight and inline with the centerline of the shaft,loosen the screws and align the best you can by eye. There used to be a guy selling a tool for D and C cans for this. Do a search.

If possible push the can or endbell bushing in to tighten up endplay if needed. Solder or glue after aligning shaft so arm spins free.

Try different brushes and springs. Only track times will tell if they work.

Buy as many motors as you can afford. Track test to find the fast ones. Sell the rest to your competitors.

Try different gear ratios.

As you can see,this all requires a lot of time and money. All the top racers spend a lot of both. If you don't or can't,be happy you are racing and enjoying the hobby. Just be aware that if your chassis set up or driving is not up to par,a faster motor will just cause more offs.

Good luck and good racing.

Thanks guys.... I can run away on turns but on the straightaways some of the guys run away from the field. I know they are zapping them, tweaking springs and shaving brushes. I know all the basics, just never have got into spring "Fiddling" or anything like that.

We have some set rules for leaving it sealed, certain gears, tires, and all. Its a close class but trying to find the 2mph difference and motor turn up these others have!

Tires are big part of straight away speed.
    KellyRacing

Lots of speed can be gained by getting your car as light as possible.
    Last edited by RomanK; 12-21-2015 at 08:29 PM. Reason: First part off Topic

Hey Mike......

Hey Sam.......they don't allow it there and we don't allow it here
    Last edited by RomanK; 12-21-2015 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Off topic

Sam, you're on thin ice
    Last edited by RomanK; 12-21-2015 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Off topic

Mike, please stay on topic.

Danny Zona and I may not agree on much but I respect him as a racer.
    Last edited by RomanK; 12-22-2015 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Off topic blabber

Take the front tires off your car.
    It will be faster and handle better.

If you have to run fronts, make sure they don't touch and run the lightest ones you can.
    I usually run JK 8724 plastic fronts on flexi cars.
    They are lighter than aluminum fronts.

Lighter is usually faster.

Same goes for the body.
    Very important because it's the highest part of the car and affects c.g. the most.
    Last edited by La Cucaracha; 12-21-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Mike,

Check your private messages on this site.

Merry Christmas...Bob Kurkowski

Same to you Bob.

Miss racing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilghman_Racing View Post
    Thanks guys.... I can run away on turns but on the straightaways some of the guys run away from the field. I know they are zapping them, tweaking springs and shaving brushes. I know all the basics, just never have got into spring "Fiddling" or anything like that.

We have some set rules for leaving it sealed, certain gears, tires, and all. Its a close class but trying to find the 2mph difference and motor turn up these others have!

OK,looks like you may have a horsepower issue. Springs and brushes will be your best bet for finding any hidden HP in those sealed motors. Being of high quality Chinese origin(sarcasm alert) the comms are not perfect and are sort of small. So brush bounce can be a problem. Try different/stronger springs or tweaking the stock ones. After the brushes break in check for alignment and dreaded wrap around. With the small comm this can be a power robber. Just knock off the peaks if brush trimming is not allowed.

As Danny said,tires are also a factor. Run as hard a compound as you can. If only one tire is allowed use a durometer to find a hard set.

As you can see from all the suggestions here,there is no magic bullet. These fast guys have found a combination/trick that works and they ain't sharing it.

Reminds me of the T-shirt:

I Know You're Cheating
    Because You're Beating Me
    And I'm Cheating!

Merry Christmas

Sam