Thread: Hobbytown SRS - Phoenix Arizona slot car tracks

Hobbytown SRS - Phoenix Arizona slot car tracks

i dropped in there.....the 1/4 mile track is raced friday evenings at 6pm they do mostly 1/24 slot car bracket racing run what you brung. they will run heads up class racing if enough want to. on sunday they do a heads up spec class.

140' road racing track appears to have been moved and now hidden way in the back in a room that appears to be just another pit area for RC racers. i only walked back there after i looked everywhere else. the road course is dirty, has footprints on it. even if it was clean, it doesn't appear operational. i knew the track was supposed to be in there somewhere. if i didn't search for it, i would have thought it was no longer there. i still suspect many slot car racers in the phoenix and greater area are unaware of these tracks

there was a small d-oval track in the drag racing pit area, not functioning either

the main focus of this business is RC cars, and the other stuff a hobbytown normally has. it is located in a former kmart building

HobbyTown USA / SRS
    3401 W Greenway RD
    Phoenix, AZ 85053
    (480) 945-2186
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drag.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	16446  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	road.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	16447  

Last edited by DasShanker; 01-09-2016 at 12:55 AM.

i edited original post and updated, and better pics below

if you get this link doing phoenix arizona 1/24 slot cars searches http://www.tbird43.com/slot-car-drag...every-weekend/ this drag track is the 1/24 drag track now at SRS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SRS parts.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	16501  

Name:	drag track other end.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	16503  

Name:	drag track.jpg 
Views:	569 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	16502  

Name:	pit area.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	16504  

Name:	back room track.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	16505  

Name:	tiny track.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	16508  

Last edited by DasShanker; 01-09-2016 at 12:45 AM.

Nice, thanks!

i ran into the owner of the PHX HT at his other HT in Tucson, i asked him about the BOW track and if there any plans to get it up and going. he told me that racers do not want to race on it saying it was crap. i didn't see any issues looking it over, other than it need to be refitted/set-up right. this track was originally at slotcarcity in vegas, probably sold when they moved or to make room for the 2 tracks there now?

i told him i barely found it in the backroom and many racers may not know about it. he told me there are 70-80+ drag racers, there is no reason racers in PHX should not know it's there. in our conversation basicly there are no plans for the road course, due to lack of interest.

SRS Hobbytown RC Car raceway is now shutdown and no longer in business, not sure what is happening to the 1/4 mile slot car drag strip which has a separate owner.