Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 USRA Rulebook

2016 USRA Rulebook

The 2016 USRA Rulebook may be found here:

http://www.usraslots.com/usra-rules/
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

I asked in another thread if the problems of last year were addressed. I see by the new rule book here that they haven't been. Here are three I'd like to be addressed so everyone will know what they mean.

Scale Car Specifications
    Stamped Steel Chassis Regulations
    1.Chassis
    i) May file holes in motor bracket to allow better gear mesh, but must retain a portion of motor bracket.
    My question here is are we using the USRA definition of "portion" or can we use the traditional dictionary definition?

Stock Car Body Specifications
    C. Dimensions and rules applying to 4-1/2" Stock Car Only
    2 a.) Front bumper minimum 1/4 inch.
    2 b.) Rear bumper minimum 1/4 inch

4. Cars must have front and rear bumpers.
    Front bumper must be at least 1/4 inch tall.
    Rear bumper must be at least 1/8 inch tall.

Wing Car Specifications
    GP12
    D. Modifications
    3 d.) Weights may be soldered to the bottom of the chassis if the chassis and attached weight clear the track by .062 at all times.

I question this after looking at the GP12 photos from this years Nats. Do you really clearance tech the front end of any GP12 car or just the ones with bottom weights? If so why are the bottom weights of the GP12 cars so dirty? They almost look like flat track cars.

Thanks for your effort though.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Can pans be cut in om box? Rules on Facebook say no, rules in rulebook say pans can be cut???

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Page 47, bottom of the page, of the 2016 rulebook says....the pans may be removed.
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

The weights on the bottom of my car were dirty due to my car getting nerfed in the 90, which paralleled the chassis.

Zach Holley

The rule book states that any GP12 car that has bottom weights must clear the "track" by .062 and that includes the weights. Since we tech on a flat block this measurement cannot be made correctly unless you take into consideration the braid recess. That would mean a clearance of .062+the braid recess. .062+.020 (recess)=.082 to clear the track by .062. This is not a problem at the rear of the car even on the tech block. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers just showing the absurdity of some of the rules that should have been cleared up by now and don't get me started on that damn notch in the c-cans.

No weight limit in OM12??? Great!!!

Would someone please read the last line in the ONE MOTOR GROUP 12 (OMB)
    It says "no minimum weight limit in Group F". Just a minor inconsistency, right?
    Last edited by Fast Freddie; 01-02-2016 at 04:37 PM.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Fred,

As a USRA member, you may submit any proposals you wish. You may also attend the nats and vote on proposals for whichever classes you race. You may also vote online if there are Bylaw proposals.

Repeatedly suggesting rule changes on OWH does nothing. Make a formal proposal, attend the nats, vote and try to get rules to your liking.
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

shontelh
    Maybe you can point out the specific rules changes I'm asking for. I have only noted the current rules and that they need to be corrected so they won't cause any confusion in the future. So what rules changes have I asked for? Please tell me and everyone else. I'll make it easy for you, NONE, but I will mention one here.

Why should the "paying" membership be left out of the voting of rules changes just because they can't attend the Nats? There are many reasons why some don't attend, age (me), health (me), finances (me), and travel distance (me). That shouldn't disqualify me or any other member from participating in the online voting on any rules changes. If the Nats do happen to come to our area we have to abide by the rules so everyone should have a say in those rules. Who was the ninny that came up with that change in the voting anyway? You can also get rid of that racer qualification chart. Who thought that was a great idea? Why should I a non-factory supported racer attend any Nats when I can only race in one race (up until this year that was true)? Now with OMB and GP F I can race in two more races along with AM12. Maybe I will take your advice and bring some rules changes to the floor this year.

Fred...I will not argue with you.
    Same as I wouldn't argue with you at Chick's at the 2011 wing nats, when you were not allowed run both Am and Pro Grp 12.

And the name calling is unnecessary. It causes me and others to loose respect for you.
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

Name calling!!! What name calling??? Ninny is an affectionate term my Aunt use to call me when I reached into a hens nest to take the eggs, I got pecked on several times. However, if name calling causes other intelligent racers to notice the "CORRECTIONS" needed in the rule book then call me what ever name you like. As long as the rule book is corrected I don't care what you call me. Keep in mind that I'm a 20 year Navy veteran and you won't say anything I haven't already heard and you sure as hell won't hurt my feelings. I'm not delicate like you.

i sorta find it ironic that spring steel G-12 chassis are required to maintain a integral guide and the reasons that were given for that decision. yet it is harder and more technical for beginners to install the bottom weight pans (WPs) correctly than it would be to install a guide tongue.

i'm glad USRA realized there is a issue with the use of the bottom WPs, most places i have raced, WPs do more than just keep the weight low, WPs are also being used to lessen clearance between the car and track. it's rather evident how low WPs are being run by inspecting cars mid tech or after a race. the use of WPs in this manner virtually make a G-12 integral guide chassis handle as if it was set-up with a solder on guide tongue or older brass/wire G-12 chassis no longer USRA legal. imo circumventing the spirit of the rules in this class.

hopefully tracks start enforcing the .062 clearance + recess mentioned above if applicable,

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    I question this after looking at the GP12 photos from this years Nats. Do you really clearance tech the front end of any GP12 car or just the ones with bottom weights? If so why are the bottom weights of the GP12 cars so dirty? They almost look like flat track cars.

Thanks for your effort though.
    The weights are probably "dirty" from picking up rubber "build up" on the track. Cars can clear by .062" on a recessed tech block and still "pick up" rubber on the track that can be as much as .020" thick on the track surface.

The cars are not hitting the track, but are hitting and picking up rubber.
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

without the .062 requirement. the WP's do skim closer to the track much lower than a G-12 integral guide steel fixed pan chassis without WPs. because of this WPs get occasional rubs, glue smears, streaks. brass has no magical properties to collect tire dust, than a G-12 which has steel pans only on it. obviously there was a reason to add this to the 2016 rules.

Ron, so your saying that a chassis with a clearance of .062 under the brass weights will still collect "clag" and glue (spray glue) on the weights? I have set my GP12 chassis up with .062 clearance under full glue zone conditions and never got glue or "clag" on the weights. Sorry I don't buy your answer. On a smooth King track with spray glue there should be nothing on the brass weights. Keep in mind Ron the rule says the weights must clear "the track" by .062 not a tech block recessed or otherwise.

DasShanker, This clearance has been in the rule book since at least 2012 and probably before that. I doubt it was ever enforced. It should be and there should be mid race techs to insure it's being adhered to.

shontelh, What ever happened at Chicks with my misinterpretation of the rules was all on me and forgotten about years ago. Sorry it stayed with you for so long. You should seek counseling and I wish you good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    Sorry it stayed with you for so long.
    You really just "accused" someone of not letting something go?

That's extremely funny.

This must be the "Kettle Calling the Pot, Black, Day", in the slot car world. lol
    Last edited by swiss; 01-05-2016 at 02:58 PM.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast