Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 USRA Rulebook

Thumbs down yea fred...

....You should seek counseling and I wish you good luck.[/QUOTE]

Mike, you can't blame me for the fact that it took you Retro guys over 5 years to finally admit what was going on with the Puppy Dog motors. I just pursued what I saw as unjust and unfair especially for the unknowing, the little guys and newbies. When the wrong information is passed out as gospel someone needs to speak up and that's what I did. So what I get by your insertion is if you knowingly see something wrong or know something is being done wrong or read something in the rules that is wrong you'll keep your mouth shut rather then try to correct it. Way to support the hobby. Sorry that's not me and it shouldn't apply to anyone else concerned about this hobby.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

That's enough Fred.

You have spoken you're mind, given your advice/opinions and insulted people with every post. End of story.
    There is no need for further comment from you on this matter.

And to everyone that has messaged me about Fred... Thank you for the kind words of support. It's all good.
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    Mike, you can't blame me for the fact that it took you Retro guys over 5 years to finally admit what was going on with the Puppy Dog motors. I just pursued what I saw as unjust and unfair especially for the unknowing, the little guys and newbies. When the wrong information is passed out as gospel someone needs to speak up and that's what I did. So what I get by your insertion is if you knowingly see something wrong or know something is being done wrong or read something in the rules that is wrong you'll keep your mouth shut rather then try to correct it. Way to support the hobby. Sorry that's not me and it shouldn't apply to anyone else concerned about this hobby.
    Fred,
    My comment has nothing to do with your suggestions/comments to the USRA.
    Just pointing out you are a hypocrite.
    You are the poster child of not letting anything go.
    Whatever issue you had with IRRA Retro is no longer an issue, and hasn't been for years, but yet, you bring it up every chance you get.
    Your first comment to Shontel was rude, and your second one, over the top, inappropriate.
    I'm surprised you are still able to post.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

This wasn't at all about me speaking my mind. This was all about getting typos and ambiguous rules in the 2016 rulebook clarified. Any and all responses from me to individuals were in response to what was said to or about me in a previous post. So now your telling me "that's enough". Do you really think you have the right to tell anyone on this site, even me, that they can no longer carry on a discussion about this matter? Are you really that powerful? If I have truly offended anyone because of my responses to what they said to and about me then I'm sorry. It is, however, in my nature as I'm sure it's in everybody's nature to respond to unfounded accusations. Sorry again guys but it's just a conversation to remedy a problem that has been ignored for too long.

By the way "MOM" is the only one on here who can tell anyone to cease and desist. I will abide by Paul's ruling if he feels I've done wrong.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

The answer to your question is ...Yes I do.

I don't like posts to be deleted because I like the world to see someone's true nature when they are at home bullying from behind their keyboard.

You are on my thread. I have the power to delete it all, but I have chosen not to. You've been allowed to speak your mind. Nothing more needs to be said.
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

OK Mike I'll bite. What first comment and what second comment was so rude and wasn't unprovoked??? Like I said my sole reason for being on this thread was to "attempt" to get certain areas of the rulebook corrected not changed. The piling on does seem to work for you guys, just not on me.

No more Fred.
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

No more as in stop posting, or no more as in bye bye Fred?

Sometimes enough is enough.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	16485
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

So Zippity if I want the rulebook corrected ,as in my first post, I should give up and not fight for what is right? If I see you on any site and I don't like what your saying you'll do what I say if I say "stop posting"? That's what I thought. I will stop posting in this thread now, not because you and shontelh "ordered" me to, but because I now realize that nothing will be done to correct the rulebook. Over and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    So Zippity if I want the rulebook corrected ,as in my first post, I should give up and not fight for what is right? If I see you on any site and I don't like what your saying you'll do what I say if I say "stop posting"? That's what I thought. I will stop posting in this thread now, not because you and shontelh "ordered" me to, but because I now realize that nothing will be done to correct the rulebook. Over and out.
    Fred,

You have made your point, and you were allowed to elaborate at length with not only your reasons, but to discuss your opinions.
    Beyond that, discussions soon become nothing but arguments or quickly deteriorate into name calling flame wars.

To answer your question about Shontel having the "power" to delete, edit, or moderate here on this forum... the answer is YES.
    I am fortunate to have the help of a handful of people who I trust to maintain the guidelines I have set up and maintained
    for these forums. Without the help of these moderators, I simply can not keep up with all the topics that can and have gone
    nuts when left without some form of moderation or control.

I'm actually surprised that Shontel has managed to restrain herself from simply deleting some of your comments,
    but her patience and willingness to allow a discussion to go on, at least until it crosses the line...
    is one of the reasons that I trust her judgement (as well as my other moderators), and have granted her the "power" to make those decisions.

Right now I am suffering from some sort of lower back pain that hit me so bad I can't even walk. It hurts like hell just to sit up to the keyboard
    and type... and I actually do have other work that I have been very busy with...
    so I am especially grateful to have moderators like Shontel, Roman, Hesketh, and others who are always around
    and "have my back" (lame pun intended) when I can't be online and logged in 24/7.

I have created and grown these forums for over 18 years to provide a positive space where fellow slot car racers from all over the world,
    can meet online to share knowledge and information about this hobby we all love, and to have positive discussions on how we can help this hobby
    be more enjoyable to all who participate.

The USRA is a RACER run organization. I have been involved in the USRA for decades now, and I have volunteered countless amounts of my time
    to helping out in any way that I can. All of the officers are volunteers, and also devote a lot of time and effort to help provide
    a racing organization that all of us can participate in while enjoying this hobby.

As Shontel stated way back in this thread... if you see something that needs changing or correcting... the best way to help
    is to write up a rule change proposal and submit it. You also have the option of showing up and at the Nats and voting,
    or participating in the online bylaws voting.

Besides those options, you also have the opportunity to post here in the USRA forum to discuss rules questions like this,
    and to conduct positive discussions on how to help improve the rules to eliminate some of the problems or ambiguities like
    what you have pointed out.

But belaboring the point, arguing, or name calling... or bringing up completely unrelated issues from the past,
    are simply not helpful towards creating a positive discussion to create suggested changes.

So... I would at this point suggest that the discussion either get back on topic, or if there is nothing more on topic to add,
    that a proposal should be submitted, and/or the thread be closed.

Any further argumentative posts can and probably will be simply deleted.

I think I can just reach the delete key, without it killing my back.... (ouch!... maybe later...)

Happy New Year!

Paul K @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For GTP are Viper S16D arms legal? Have they been out of production longer enough to make them illegal?

Thanks
    Eric

curious about the approved B-12 chassis list, concerning true availability and legality?

- Kamen 750 i presume this is not from Camen, since that site doesn't show it, also unable to find on the internet
    - Competition Kinetics CK12L (4.55) i found only short version from two internet sites

It does my heart good to know that the USRA is rolling along as usual.

Best wishes for the future!
    Tachyon - A gluon that isn't quite dry.

Tap.... tap .....tap..... Hello...

Is this thing on ?
    Last edited by Sam pan; 03-28-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast