.

.

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Anyone own an Axel grinder or know someone who does?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Central, Illinois
    Posts
    325

    Please Delete

    Please Delete.
    Last edited by TheChad; 01-08-2016 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Please Delete

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    293
    Yep I'd delete that too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    listen, study, spy, try, research, invent

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    grove city ohio
    Posts
    201
    I agree, that is not how you spell axle!
    Thanks, Ron

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Central, Illinois
    Posts
    325
    Okay Spelling nazi's! I was at work typing on my cell phone as I am right now, and misspelled it, so shoot me!

    -TheChad

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,511
    Bang!!!!!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Palmyra
    Posts
    87
    they are just anal retentive! they will get over it....lol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,938
    Chad, good readers can understand words that are mis-spelled. I didn't have any problem reading your post first thing this morning. But I don't take a swing at everything that crosses my path either.

    What are you looking to do? Grind flats on axles? If so, an abrasive cutoff disc on a Dremel is probably one of the fastest & easiest ways.
    Last edited by Bill from NH; 03-19-2016 at 07:05 PM.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,511
    Avoid flats on axles

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Homeless in Canada
    Posts
    212
    There are a few custom builders out there that have them. Check with them.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Central, Illinois
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzi View Post
    There are a few custom builders out there that have them. Check with them.
    Like who? Names? Contact?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Central, Illinois
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill from NH View Post
    Chad, good readers can understand words that are mis-spelled. I didn't have any problem reading your post first thing this morning. But I don't take a swing at everything that crosses my path either.

    What are you looking to do? Grind flats on axles? If so, an abrasive cutoff disc on a Dremel is probably one of the fastest & easiest ways.
    Yes, I have a Top Fuel dragster, which uses a really short axel. Slick 7 makes a Retro Axle w/flats but it is too long. No one (that I know of) makes one for Rail Dragsters.

    I want to get a few made, I could make them myself, but my flats are hardly precision..


    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Avoid flats on axles
    Why is that?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzi View Post
    There are a few custom builders out there that have them. Check with them.
    Like Who? Names? Contact?

    Thanks,

    -ThaChad

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Homeless in Canada
    Posts
    212
    Check with Lee Roberts, Jim Hahn and maybe Tracy Brown. I remember someone posting photos of facebook of one.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,511
    I read somewhere, ages ago, that it was best to avoid them.

    Just make sure that you use good grub screws.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Central, Illinois
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzi View Post
    Check with Lee Roberts, Jim Hahn and maybe Tracy Brown. I remember someone posting photos of facebook of one.
    Okay, will do.

    Tracy Brown only has them for sale..

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I read somewhere, ages ago, that it was best to avoid them.

    Just make sure that you use good grub screws.
    Hmm, I've broke one? I've never had any issues with one on wing cars, so I doubt there will be an issue in a drag car..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •