Thread: Two track shops? Would you?

Two track shops? Would you?

I'm a happy owner and operator of Upstate Speedway in Inman, SC. I consider us a successful track with racing every night we are open.
    We are in store built for NAPA and our tracks fit like it was built around them.

Now....I am thinking..... I have an opportunity to place a full Engleman in a good location across town OR.....I can pull all the tracks to a single location and create a virtual slot car Disneyland.

Drawbacks to Disneyland....might create a wider commuter clientele for series races but my weekly racers will remain largely the same.....albeit happier group. So big reputation as a regional track attraction vs simply raising our overhead.

Second facility is a good distance away but remains a new venture in an unexplored area. I will initially have to depend on the Engleman alone to build a group of racers. It is an impressive track so that helps.
    Might compete with myself but might also generate an entirely new group of crosstown racers.

Cost is virtually the same with both decisions.

And the experts are invited to weigh in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An added benefit that is emerging is establishing a consistent rules set for the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you have someone long-term who is absolutely reliable as a store manager, I would forgo the two-store option. Two tracks in one location should be lower overhead, and you'll be able to keep better oversight of your business. Two sets of inventory, bills, employee wages/withholding, race programs, etc., could quickly turn into a nightmare.