Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new New Mossetti Patriot chassis thread

The new New Mossetti Patriot chassis thread

OK lets start again since the quick-draw Mods locked the last one...without even a warning..

Valuable contributions only and please check your side-arm and attitude at the door..

On our flat track we have these basically same speed as an X25 now, limitations seem to be around the flexibility of the centre section and the difficulty of addressing non-perfect forming (its real hard to bend!!)

Seems to corner r/h better than l/h

Bite bar needs some modification or replacement with something more sturdy (was prob OK on the front of the Titan but not at the back of this chassis).

I've made a couple different bite bar versions...

as well as a simple disposable version...

listen, study, spy, try, research, invent

This is my solution to the problem. Only solder approx. 1/3 of the spring wire.

I expect to make a few different sizes to tune the amount of movement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160125_104106.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	16573  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160125_104251.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	16574  

KVAN this has to be soldered in-situ right? (And then un-soldered to remove)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it is soldered before inserting.

That is the reason for only soldering it 1/3 of the length.

You can spring the small wire out of the way and slide the bite bar left and right to remove/replace and the small wire springs back into place.

I've had it in and out many times already
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160126_124418.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	16575  

Last edited by KVAN; 01-26-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks, nice one!

hi all,

i did like in the pics. 0.8 piano wire soldered into the brass tube

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	16577

Name:	b.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	16578

piero

I vote for Kevin's first, then Piero's design. Now Kevin, how often are you likely to out design Piero? :-)

Greetings to both of you!

Greg

Has anyone tried using stainless pin tubing? vs. Brass.. seem's to me the stainless pin tube would be much stronger than the brass and would eliminate all the extra wire...???

Quote Originally Posted by KVAN View Post
    This is my solution to the problem. Only solder approx. 1/3 of the spring wire.

I expect to make a few different sizes to tune the amount of movement
    Nice Kevin..

Quote Originally Posted by Greg N View Post
    I vote for Kevin's first, then Piero's design. Now Kevin, how often are you likely to out design Piero? :-)

Greetings to both of you!

Greg
    Thanks Greg, but I'm sure Piero has forgotten more/better ideas this week alone, than I've ever had. LOL

I'm not very familiar, is my modification legal for ISRA World rules, or will it need to retain the brass tubing as Piero's design?

Thanks Frankie!

Mark, there appears to be two problems with the original bar. One, the brass wears quickly which your suggestion of SS tubing would probably fix, but the pin heads do not keep the bar from sliding through the holes. Swiss suggested t-pins with SS tubing to solve that issue. We've only had a chance to run this on Swiss's flat track last month, not sure if it is a problem on all tracks.

More of us will have these chassis running there on the 6th. Stay tuned!

kevin i think that any of the modifications above will not be legal for ISRA worlds.
    chassis is supposed to be raced as it was submitted: brass tube with pins. the only possible way to keep the brass tube in place is the tape. (that anyway seems to work nicely)
    let's see if isra will allow some small mods before the worlds, but i don't think so.

ciao greg

Why not? they allow a mod for the X25 bite bar

yes, i know very well. it was my design. it was proposed for the first time in brazil 2011 and accepted only in 2014 in latvia.
    it's not that easy to make modifications to the rules of production chassis.
    moreover rules changes are made at the meeting for the next year.....so i think that for this year we can only use tape at the worlds
    any modification (to ISRA rules) should be proposed at the meeting in chicago and submitted to the votes of delegates for the next years

Quote Originally Posted by KVAN View Post
    Thanks Frankie!

Mark, there appears to be two problems with the original bar. One, the brass wears quickly which your suggestion of SS tubing would probably fix, but the pin heads do not keep the bar from sliding through the holes. Swiss suggested t-pins with SS tubing to solve that issue. We've only had a chance to run this on Swiss's flat track last month, not sure if it is a problem on all tracks.

More of us will have these chassis running there on the 6th. Stay tuned!

My plan is to use .050 collars with the pin tube, oneside soldered the other held with a pin bent hard. The other issue I see is the pan moves alittle to much, which is a easy fix with a piece of lexan tape under the bit bar.. I do the same with JK chassis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast