Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Future in Tires

Future in Tires

Some things have been brought to my attention and I cannot agree more. Now with these being said, its something that raceways that have premier races every year, wing car races that i have a proposal for

All Classes with the exception of OMO & G7 have to buy tires from raceway. .615 tires have to have a price of $13.00 and .650 with a set price of $15.00 maxium. Koford has .615 tires that retail already for 13.00$, i dont know the answer if he can make a .650 retailing at 15.00$. People that would have to be on board would be the following people, Doug Bauer, Tracy Brown, Boyt Johnson, Roger Schmit & whoever has host of the a National Event. If they could agree on this, i think it would benifit all raceways. Its very imporant to me and others that Raceways stay open, I love the hobby very much and would hate to see raceways close. This is very easily said than done, there many thing that need to be discussed, marking tires with a specific color for each race a raceway holds is one example. I know right now Doug Bauer is on Board with this, so what does everyone think? This is something i would like to take effect jan 1st 2017

Chubby

This sounds like a plan in the right direction. Sure beats having the sponsored "Team" guys come in with bags of tires,handing them out to their buddies.

So....Joe, will you be throwing your hat into the fray? Are you running for President of the USRA? I know you can "Make the USRA great again".

I put in a rules proposal similar to that at last years Nats. I was unable to stay for the meeting, so I don't know if it came up or not. I do think it's a good idea. We tend to eat our own by making it so costly to compete. Plus, we need to make the Nats more profitable for the raceways. Otherwise, there is no reason for a raceway to even bid on the Nats.
    Pushing Zippity's Button every chance I get.

That's what we are going to do at the Hillbilly Howl and at the Hillbilly Nats.Im in Chubby
    Tracy Brown, Owner of:
    Go Fast Products - Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"
    Visit Go Fast HERE!
    Visit our NEW Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"!

make it easy just make it for all classes even OMO and G7
    Roger Schmitt

MidAmerica Slot Car Raceway LLC
    109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

Mid America Raceway Naperville
    1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Schmitt View Post
    make it easy just make it for all classes even OMO and G7

I think we need to start in steps, right now i dont know if spec tires will hold up in open type classes tbh. Also restricting G7 is never a good thing imo. Maybe in the future, but right now i dont think its a good thing

Will you be on board with this propasal as it sits right now?

Thanks Roger
    Chubby

I just talked to Boyt and he is on board, I will quote what he told me "Yes, I'm onboard, I think when you enter a race you pay for 2 pair of tires that way the track gets guaranteed revenue, I don't think you can make the racers buy all their tires at the raceway. This is asking too much." He went on to further say " I think we put a limit of .650 hubs on box and 27l, all spec tires." He also thinks all classes except big dog open should be run on spec tires. Hope this helps you chubby as you know Boyt is one who don't use the Internet too often and I don't think he even has a account here and I know he don't have fb.
    Give me my glue bottle!!!!!!!!!![B]

I am calling Stu

I want a spec tire sponsorship!!!!!!
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

Don't you have one already? Didn't I ask you recently if you had .615 hubs available? Still looking.
    Jeff Bechtel/Former Int-15 World & National Champion

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    Joe, an exceptional idea. If you recall, it was I that first submitted a proposal at Swiss's Nats to the USRA for mandating all tires raced at a Nats be purchased from the host raceway. As you can imagine, that went over like a lead balloon but did get folks thinking about it. Since then numerous proposals have surfaced and it's a matter of time before some form of rules regarding this get adopted.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Good idea for raceways,& a small step towards building racer participation.

Has everyone awoken sober simultaneously?

Congratulations, kudos, etc., etc., to all parties concerned with particular emphasis on the forthright (and dare I say ballsy?) Mr. Salzman.
    Tachyon - A gluon that isn't quite dry.

And still no word from......well,you all know who.

Knock,knock......hello....USRA....you out there?

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam pan View Post
    And still no word from......well,you all know who.

Knock,knock......hello....USRA....you out there?
    Don't start knocking something you may not understand Sam, that's not how it works nor has the Pres of the USRA done anything wrong. What Joe is proposing is for raceways that host larger, national type wing car races start doing this on their own. For the USRA to adopt it, requires someone propose a rules change at the appropriate time, then get voted on by the membership, that's how it's always been and how it is now. The USRA is a reflection of its membership as the membership is who controls the rules. the USRA has been in existence since 1971 and as far as I'm concerned, done a darn fine job of keeping wing and scale car racing alive when others have gone off to live life, raise families or do whatever else they've done after leaving slotcars behind in their youth. Thank goodness someone was around to keep it going lest there may have not been any raceways around when some folks decided to come back to it.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Quote Originally Posted by RomanK View Post
    Don't start knocking something you may not understand Sam, that's not how it works nor has the Pres of the USRA done anything wrong. What Joe is proposing is for raceways that host larger, national type wing car races start doing this on their own. For the USRA to adopt it, requires someone propose a rules change at the appropriate time, then get voted on by the membership, that's how it's always been and how it is now. The USRA is a reflection of its membership as the membership is who controls the rules. the USRA has been in existence since 1971 and as far as I'm concerned, done a darn fine job of keeping wing and scale car racing alive when others have gone off to live life, raise families or do whatever else they've done after leaving slotcars behind in their youth. Thank goodness someone was around to keep it going lest there may have not been any raceways around when some folks decided to come back to it.
    Hear, Hear
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast