Thread: "Prime" Mark Schlussman - 1957-2016

"Prime" Mark Schlussman - 1957-2016

Mark Schlussman - June 18, 1957 - March 27, 2016
    (photos from Mark's Facebook)

It is with great sadness that I received the news yesterday that we have lost another great member of the slot car racing family and community,
    "Prime" Mark Schlussman.

Mark was the owner of Prime Racing Products, and for many years provided a selection of quality slot car products and motor balancing services.
    Anyone who ever met Mark knew what a kind, generous, and always positive person he always was. Even though he had not been active in racing slot cars lately, he always kept in touch with his many friends in the hobby.

He always supported the hobby with his products and services, and was always willing to donate prizes and sponsorship for race events, as well as being a long time sponsor and supporter of the OWH web site and Slot Car Talk forums.

In addition to Prime Racing, Mark owned Prime Air Conditioning Company, providing air conditioning products and installation... a family business serving Long Island NY since 1960.

Besides slot car racing, Mark loved to play poker, having won at large tournaments, and had just posted on Facebook recently that he had a very good weekend at Atlantic City on the poker tables.

Mark's close friend Tim Brennan posted on Facebook:
    "I just wanted to pass along the news that what took our dear friend was a skin infection that turned into sepsis and that can often quickly get out of control; that is what took him yesterday-he succumbed to septic shock."

I had been working on a new web site for Mark's Prime Air Conditioning web site, and we had many laughs while discussing ideas for it, and I was waiting to hear back from Mark with info I needed. I hadn't called him this past week, since I saw him post that he was not feeling well. But this comes as a total shock to me.

Mark was always a pleasure to talk to... I don't think I've ever met someone who was always so upbeat. Even his daily Facebook posts were always positive, cheerful, and uplifting.

Mark will be sorely missed among the slot car racing community, as well as all his many friends and family whose lives he has enriched.

- Paul K @ OWH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mark_Schlussman2.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	17003Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mark_Schlussman3.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	17004
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 03-28-2016 at 12:50 PM. Reason: pasted images
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Never met or talked to you Sir....

But I have always used and recommended a lot of your products.

With Much Respect....RIP Sir

Sad news.

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

Huge Loss for Slot racing! Very Sad

Damn. I chatted to Mark away back in 2006/7 after I won one of this twin-tyre truers on Ebay

He was a good man to deal with.
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

The outpouring on Facebook has been amazing, Mark touched the lives of thousands of people, not just the slotcar world.

R.I.P. Mark
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but anything you catch comes home with you!

Mark was a 'big man' in a lot of ways.

A slot racer turned supplier when the "need arose," he has helped our little hobby maintain itself.

Look down at the braid you put in your guide flag, if it says Prime on it that's Mark's doing.

RIP, Big Guy.

I'm so sorry! RIP, Mark!

Greg

I first met Mark during a warmup race for the 1997 Nats in Plaistow, NH. He quickly showed us to be a very friendly & unique individual. My condolences to his family & friends. RIP Mark.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.