Thread: Another New Gerding King Track! G22 LaSalle Raceway Breezewood, PA

Another New Gerding King Track! G22 LaSalle Raceway Breezewood, PA

Another new King Track by Gary Gerding of Gerding Fast Tracks!

G22 LaSalle Raceway Breezewood, PA April 2016

http://gerdingfasttracks.com/king-tracks/

- Paul K @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anybody have any info on this place please post it that is fairly close for me!!!!!!!

Thanks Greg!

Quote Originally Posted by gmpower View Post
    Anybody have any info on this place please post it that is fairly close for me!!!!!!!

Thanks Greg!
    Ditto! Breezewood is VERY close to me. ...and I haven't raced since 2014 Nats at PSCR.
    Last edited by PileDriver; 04-04-2016 at 10:41 AM.
    Eli Pile

...probably the only guy you know who's name is a palindrome

OK, curiosity got the best of me, so I called Gary Gerding to the get the scoop.

He has just finished building a new track in the Breezewood, PA area. It is not for a slot car business, but more like a club at a privately owned building. The track owner operates an auto machine shop in Breezewood (not the location of the track), so I called the business and talked to the track owner. I plan on meeting him at the track on Thursday evening. I'll give an update after that.

I am excited to hear about this latest development. Road trips to SpeedZone in NJ and The Track near DC were just a little much with work, farming, and parenting.
    Eli Pile

I'm not far either.. would love another king to play on!

Hershey/harrisburg area

OK. I was able check out Mr. Gerding's latest creation this evening.

Mr. Chuck LeSalle is the proud owner of the G22. As mentioned above, he owns/operates an auto machine shop in Breezewood, PA. He has raced late model dirt track cars for decades, but a recent health condition will no longer permit him to take the driver's seat. After the health setback, he opted to take up a childhood racing past-time and purchased an Ogilvie Windsor from somewhere in New York to put in his personal 5 bay garage. Friends quickly joined him in his hobby and Chuck decided to purchase a larger, faster track. The Ogilvie was sold here, and Mr. Gerding was commissioned to build a new King. It is the sister to the G21 in Tennessee. G22 is currently fitted with just a single power supply and is running Trackmate software.

First, Chuck and his friends couldn't say enough good things about Gary Gerding this evening. Gary, as always, was a class act and provided outstanding assistance to a group of guys who are just getting into the hobby.

The track is located at a residence and is not operated as business. Chuck does not charge any of his friends to come drive on the track. He is building up an small inventory of cars, parts, controllers, etc. to sell. They all readily admit they are new to slot racing and are hungry for knowledge and experience. This Sunday afternoon, I will show them how to use the software to run a race with qualifying, proper lane rotation, etc. We'll start tackling the nuances of different classes and how to tech cars later. Right now, just emphasizing proper clearance of chassis/gear/motor will be a good starting place.

For now, the plan is to enjoy the track with casual, friendly racing in the spring. Once summer weather rolls in, Chuck will focus on outdoor activities with his family. When the weather gets cold in the autumn, he would like to get a racing program started in earnest. He would like to have series races with prizes. At a future date, he would be interested hosting a larger event to draw in out of town racers, but he will have to clear out more room in the garage for pit space and figure out how to accommodate parking.

There is no set schedule yet of time when the track will be "open", but Chuck is willing to let anyone come enjoy the track and share their knowledge with the group. I'll see if there any semi-local folks who would like to come race, feel free to call Chuck during the day at his place of business or contact me here and I'll pass the word along.
    Eli Pile

It's been 4 years since this post, is the track still up and being used? It's a really beautiful King! If it's in storage somewhere it needs to be gotten out and given a forever home!

Also, has G21 been set up somewhere else after Tracey Brown closed his TN raceway? I think I read it had been sold.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

I was drooling over it. I am purchasing a track now so I'm tied up but a King is next on the agenda. No swoopy king, I like the one pictured here.

The track in the picture was moved to California but not set up. It was then sold to a celebrity that I will not name for their privacy. It is in private use.

Tracy's track is also here and the owner is getting real close on nailing down a location. Just a few odds and ends and a bit of paperwork shuffeling and it should be a go
    Bill Taylor
    HiSpeed Products
    www.hispeedproducts.com

Bill,
    So that rumor is true about a celebrity buying it?

I heard he wants to run G7 cars on it.lol
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.