Thread: Speedshop super wide rear wheels

Speedshop super wide rear wheels

I have a pair of Speedshop super wide .900" rear wheels (3/32") that I race on my Open 1/24 Eurosport chassis.

Who or where can I purchase some new ones from?
    Last edited by Zippity; 04-16-2016 at 06:54 PM.
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Pro Track used to have some real wide tire wheel combinations, not sure if they still have 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I have a pair of Speedshop super wide .900" rear wheels (3/32") that I race on my Open 1/24 Eurosport chassis.

I guess the obvious question would be.... have you tried Speedshop?

Try emailing Lee Gilbert, or contact Jim Radford at PSCR.
    Although this week they are both pretty busy with the USRA Div 2 Nats at PSCR.

PK @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I wasn't sure if Lee was still in business, but yes, I have emailed him
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

I think Slick 7 made some .900 wide also.
    Why do I do this to myself?

Seattle, Wa, Home of the Speed Crazed Morons
    I doubt that Lee could supply any new wheels. USRA and ISRA haven't allowed wheels that wide in quite awhile and that drives what Speed Shop supports.

However, somewhere in my drawer of really old stuff (Crap) I may have some aluminum Slick 7 .900 wheels. Very heavy.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Check your PM's.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

Booth Machine made them too, although a looong time ago.

They were wide, but pretty chunky too.
    "Bring your ballistic $hit and your asbestos shorts, nobody gets out alive." Paul Kovich

Not hard to make if you only need a few sets.
    Why do I do this to myself?

For anyone out there that is looking for these, I have 6 pairs of the Protrack .720x.900 european rubber tires new unused, been in the freezer the whole time. Offered them to Zippity he's waiting for Lee and in any event he doesn't need 6 so if you want some PM me.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbasher View Post
    Not hard to make if you only need a few sets.
    Locating the grub screw hole which is 1/2" from the edge, on its own would be a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by hesketh View Post
    ... been in the freezer the whole time. Offered them to Zippity, he's waiting for Lee ...
    That is really funny but I suspect you might not be joking.....

Not joking, got them when I was thinking about racing scale some, I race wings exclusively, forgot I even had them until i was going through a bag of tires in the freezer and there they were. Nice and soft and have that fresh natural rubber smell. The only thing in the freezer is meat and tires. Lol.
    Last edited by hesketh; 04-29-2016 at 06:16 AM.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Hi Zip,
    I tried to send message yesterday when I first read this, but due to lack of use the system did not believe my password, "MOM" got it to work for him but not for me...Yesterday was early trip down the road for high school baseball semi final game against team we lost to last year in semi finals...same result but we gave it away, ahead 7-5 going into bottom of 7th inning...Oh well, the baseball gods did not smile on us...
    so this morning i'm on the puter to find that my message I thought went out yesterday is not here...so guess that means it did not go...
    Anyway, I checked and I have probably 20-25 pr of them in mag, NEW...And I'm sure I have some alum ones as well...All made same place as Lee's....
    Just let me know what you need...
    Crash
    If you're serious about Slotcars get Cars By Crash

Hi Mom,
    Ok, things worked out today...But i still had to sign in...the box that popped up was not checked to remember me...now that I checked it, will it remember me when I come on and start looking or will I have to sign in every time...I don't want to do that...But guess I will have to if that's how it works...
    Tonight is my Wed night races...We lost semi final game yesterday in last inning with walk off single up the middle...had them 7-5 going into last inning..bad pitching, defense, and two "duck farts" and that was that, the baseball gods did not smile on us...oh well...last year the same team killed us 7-0...
    All things considered with our pitching staff being all sophs it was a great year...Next year will be better, I hope...
    later my friend and thanks for being so patient with this ole fart who does not really like the 21st century as it does not seem to like me...
    Crash
    If you're serious about Slotcars get Cars By Crash