Thread: Help with Dynamic chassis

Help with Dynamic chassis

Found an old dynamic chassic and Patcta 16D motor. It's a can drive so the screw holes don't match. Is there a mount or something for these or do I drill a new hole in the can. Hey stop laughing you know what I mean.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160621_090217.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	17202  

Last edited by oldweirdherald; 10-18-2016 at 07:09 AM. Reason: pasted image
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My other car is a Manta Ray

That Dynamic rear chassis piece is probably(can't tell from your photo) made for a Mabuchi motor. I don't recall if they ever made one to fit a small HEMI, which your Pactra is. If you were to drill new mounting holes while the motor is still assembled, you risk the chance of drilling into the motor armature too. A better solution might be to use silicone seal or shoe goo(similar stuff) to glue the motor into the Dynamic mount. Both remain somewhat flexible so future motor changes would be no problem.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

Maybe an old Cox brass clip would work to hold the motor in? Like the ones used in the Cucarachas or the 1/32 Ford Gt and Cheetah.
    Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
    Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

Quote Originally Posted by Bill from NH View Post
    That Dynamic rear chassis piece is probably(can't tell from your photo) made for a Mabuchi motor. I don't recall if they ever made one to fit a small HEMI, which your Pactra is. If you were to drill new mounting holes while the motor is still assembled, you risk the chance of drilling into the motor armature too. A better solution might be to use silicone seal or shoe goo(similar stuff) to glue the motor into the Dynamic mount. Both remain somewhat flexible so future motor changes would be no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by gascarnut View Post
    Maybe an old Cox brass clip would work to hold the motor in? Like the ones used in the Cucarachas or the 1/32 Ford Gt and Cheetah.
    Thanks for your reply. I agree I may have the wrong chassis for the motor but I did see a pic of one in the Dynamic challenge thread.
    I think I'll try the shoe glue until I get another motor. Thanks again for you your replies.

PS know anyone reconditioning old 16-36D's?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

from Gator Bob : "he needs Dynamic part # 529 and the brass EB support if that is a #512 motor carrier/mount.

I can't tell from the angle of those pictures."
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, Except for bears, Bears will kill you !

Quote Originally Posted by etxfish49 View Post
    from Gator Bob : "he needs Dynamic part # 529 and the brass EB support if that is a #512 motor carrier/mount.

I can't tell from the angle of those pictures."
    Thanks for the update, I'm on the hunt. Just bough a grab bag with some Dynamic NOS, hope it's in there. If I'm shoe gluing it and going racing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]