Thread: Where i Can buy blank armatures and commutators?

Where i Can buy blank armatures and commutators?

Hi,
    Where i Can buy blank armatures and commutators For 16d , mk1 and hawk motor?

Online store that ship to europe is good for me.

Thanks

I have all the supplies you need for 1 or 1,000.

PM sent

Bill Bugenis,
    Model Electromotive LLC

hawks and 16 d arms are made in china. try alibaba.com you might be able to get chinese blanks there. i usually just unwind chinese super 16 d and use them. they work pretty good. if you are thinking of doing some rewinds i know a really good combination for the s 16 d blank. use 55 turns of 27.5 guage enamel/epoxy coated magnet wire if you can find it in a small spool. bonding magnet wire in small and half sizes are hard to get but do exist.there usually only available in 10 pound rolls or bigger.after you wind it you can send it to Pro Slot with special instructions to do the finish work such as bonding the wire and truing and balancing. i do believe that Proslot does sell blanks for whatever kind of arm you want to wind. hand winding is titious work and takes lots of practice to do properly its all in the way you hold it and turn it

Around Chicago, we have a store that does mail order called "American Science and Surplus" ....They buy surplus industrial parts - like old motors and electronic items as well as a WIDE variety of ODD stuff. Their catalog is interesting and a walk through the aisleways in person is good fun. One item on the shelf is spools of different gauges of magnet wire....by the foot.... beakers and other lab supplies, science kits, military and factory surplus items change as suppies are sold.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

Pop the falcon (FK-130) motors apart and get a new commutator and either a JK or Proslot endbell and many D or C can armatures will slip right in making a rather potent '13D' type motor. The commutator timing is very different on the typical 'FK' armature compared to the aligned-to-the-magnet commercial slot motors
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center