Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USRA Online Voting

USRA Online Voting

All of the ballots have been emailed for the USRA online vote. If you have not received yours then please email me. Shontelh@aol.com

If you would like to join so you can vote then please use the link below to register.

http://www.usraslots.com/membership/

Thanks,
    Shontel
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

Why in the world is the general membership being allowed to vote on what Division 1 (Wing) classes are run at the Nats. Shouldn't that be decided at the Wing car Nats with the wing car racers? Proposing to eliminate classes that many people are heavily invested by letting people who are not even Wing racers is just plain wrong whether it is within the bylaws are not. Also, who ever proposed the rules should have at least their name posted with it. How do we even know if a Div 1 racer even proposed this. My guess is it was not a wing racer.

Maybe what's needed is a change of management.
    Pushing Zippity's Button every chance I get.

No need to be insulting. Perhaps you should read the rulebook.

Bylaws changes are voted on by the entire membership. There were no bylaw proposals submitted by anyone in Div 2 BUT if there had been...Div 1 members would be voting on them. It works both ways.

You don't need to guess....All these proposals were submitted by wing racers.
    Their names do not need to be attached. Same as class proposals voted on at the nats.

No matter what proposals pass and/or don't pass, locally and regional classes will be run for those "heavily invested" racers.

Change in mangement...Sure. I'm just doing my job by the rulebook. Every proposal, in the last two years, that has been submitted to me, has gone to the membership for a vote.
    Are you suggesting that I should do it another way?

As a USRA member, You may make proposals to change anything you wish. The deadline to submit is July 1, 2017.

Thanks for you questions. Hope I've answered all of them.
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

Thank you, Shontel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.2 KB 
ID:	17343
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb.png 
Views:	487 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	17342  

Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

In just 2 years the Nats has gone from full fields to sparse fields in many classes. Why? could be lots of reasons, but I'm not going to speculate. As they say in politics, what happens while while in office is attributed to the leadership. Right or wrong, that is the way it is. As Truman said, "The buck stops here."

I beg to disagree that the classes will still run locally, as they will no longer be National classes, they will wither and die. Also, changing G12 to one motor only will kill the class. BTW, where are beginners supposed to start? Would be more acceptable if there was an 1 motor Am & Pro.

At this point, if everything passes, the only classes that will be run are OMG12, 27 Lite and Opens. That means a short Nats, but I will no longer go to run one class. I like racing I have raced all kinds of stuff, karts, cars, RC, RC Planes and slots. I enjoy it, but at my age I know the levels I can compete at. 27L is pushing it and opens are out of the question. Maybe next year I'll propose that Div 2 is only Eurosport at the Nats.

I find it amazing that as thin as the hobby is right now that we are even contemplating suicide.

Lastly, I named no one and if anyone should feel this is a personal attack, then maybe my comments hit a little close to home.
    Last edited by skigolfmike; 09-18-2016 at 06:24 AM.

Very Sad

I do like the tire rules, everything else is crap. The National Director should make the call on the Emergency rule. Sometimes there is not time to have a BOD meeting. Example would be OMO having 13 drivers and the rule says top 8 to the main. The National Director should have made the call to race 7 in the A main and 6 in the B main. Not 8 and 5. Maybe someone with balls!!!!!!!
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

So what are the rules changes to Div. I that are being voted on by ALL of the USRA members?
    Jeff Bechtel/Former Int-15 World & National Champion

Apparently only members are allowed to know what the proposals are.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

Just my opinion, but it seems like taking a chain saw to prune a rose bush. No middle ground offered. I voted already so I guess that's all I can do.

Bernie Schatz

Eliminate thre following as nationals classes: G12, I15, C12, G27 Am, G27 Pro, G7 Geezer, G7 Semi-pro. That is the nut right there.

I suggest if you want to stop this, the pay the $20 and join before the the 29th (last day of the vote). The other choice is don't join and vote.

I question if we need the Amateur and Pro distinctions any longer. If that was the case, the Nats could be 5 days.

Wed: Group F and G12
    Thurs: I15 and C12
    Friday: 27L
    Saturday: Geezer and 2MO
    Sunday Opens

Lower the minimum weight of G12 to 65 grams, which is the weight of most G12 cars without pans.
    Limit racers from running more than 2 classes down from their highest class or 2 classes up from the lowest class they enter. i.e. Enter G12 and you can only run I15 and C12, Enter Opens and you could run Open, 2MO, 27L and C12. Exception is Group F can only run G12. Think of it from top to bottom as Open, 27, C12, I15, G12 and GF.

This would allow people to run the existing classes they are already invested in and allow them to run multiple classes at a Nats. Otherwise, it makes no sense to travel all or part way across the country to only run 1 or 2 classes. Plus this would allow racers as they get older to move down and stay competitive While encouraging new racers in the lower classes to improve and move up. This would have made far more sense to do something like this than what is proposed and being voted on.

It may have made sense when fields were large to make a distinction between Am and Pro when fields were large, but that is not the case now. It may have also made sense to force people to move up a class when they won a Nationals; however, we need to admit the racers are aging and we need to let racers pick the classes where they feel like they can compete. Honestly, I'm never going to compete in Opens. While I can, and have, hot lapped an open, I'm not sure I can race one with a full field. Maybe if I was 20-30 years younger... Plus, I really don't have the budget for it. It is my opinion we need to do something to keep as many people in the game for as long as we can. Otherwise, will the last guy out please turn off the lights.

Best way to stop it is to let it die. Then reform a National Wing Car Organization run intelligently by those with a vested interest. Then the USRA won't have any wing racing to screw up. Im sure Frank is really excited about running a one day Nats with 3 classes, lol.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

It will be an Gp-7 Nats only. All others go away! I propose a new National organization for Amateurs ONLY and have our own Nats.

Good thing this is only one race a year.
    The Last one leaving the USRA please turn off the lights.
    Last edited by JIMSPOVE; 09-22-2016 at 09:51 AM.
    Skidmarks
    230 S. Averill
    Flint, Mi 48506

............................Click................. ..............

Just my opinion from an American racer that race mostly in Europe and the occasional stateside. In Europe it works as follows:

Classes:
    1. G12
    2. 27L
    3. G27
    4. OMO (Soon to be 2MO)
    5. G7/Open
    If you race G12 you cannot race G7/Open.
    There are no separation of Am and Pro, The G12 -G7 rule takes care of that. Cant be much simpler than that.

Just my $00.02

The Traveler
    "No Good Man Travels Alone"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast