Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 USRA By Laws and National Director Voting Results

The USRA is done as it relates to wings, they lost control of the scale side a while ago to ISRA so all that's left is to finish it with the wing side of the hobby also. Wing racing will go on despite the hatchet job by the USRA, and Wing car racing will ultimately be better off without the albatross of the USRA hanging around its neck.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

Look at it this way, the Hillbilly Howl is essentially running all the USRA wing classes in 3 days with double the turnout. You gives a flying f..k what the USRA does at this point.
    Pushing Zippity's Button every chance I get.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHT View Post
    Commercial Slot Car Racing died shortly after I got into it in 1964.
    Now you tell us ... and after all this time they were blaming some snowstorm in Chicago.

Bye bye Nats

Wow!

USRA just dumped young guys, old guys, all but the Pro guys from the Nats.

True men of genius. NOT

No Cheer Here

I proposed adding hillbilly 12 to rodger so it will be voted on in 2017 and raced in 2018 if it passes. Was shocked that it had not been proposed by anyone allready.

Good luck with that one. According to the reasoning for dropping AM/Pro G12 was because "there is no need for more than one G12 class at the Nats" or words to that effect. Adding HB would have to eliminate OMB according to that logic...

Bernie Schatz

There is no logic...whatever is submitted gets voted on. Outdated 72gm gp12 tanks needed to go. Lightweight gp12s are awesome ! 27 speed with gp12 price.

Hard to believe that all these classes were eliminated and we're still not quite clear who made these decisions. I think it's obvious that the masses have not been pleased with the recent changes which was evident by the turn out at this years Nat's. That should have sent a message, and considering all the additional changes that have been made post 2016 Nat's it's clear the message wasn't heard. This is effectively one race each year, but one that many racers use to look forward to myself included. I can't say that's still the case.
    Last edited by Sarkisian; 10-05-2016 at 09:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12