Thread: 2017 USRA DIV 1 NATS at SCR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Classes..take a look please

2017 USRA DIV 1 NATS at SCR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Classes..take a look please

Hi everyone...with what has transpired with the USRA vote...we are addressing the class problems......everyone take a deep breath please.Uncle Frank is working on a solution....just give us a bit of time please,thanks!!

Frank Sarkela
    Frank Sarkela
    Slot Car Raceway & Hobbies
    305 Southwest Blvd
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    707-795-4156
    Visit our Raceway Website: http://www.scrhobby.com
    Visit our Online Store: http://shop.scraceway.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Hi everyone...with what has transpired with the USRA vote...we are addressing the class problems......everyone take a deep breath please.Uncle Frank is working on a solution....just give us a bit of time please,thanks!!

Frank Sarkela
    Glad you are getting involved. I'am forward to coming home for the NAT'S at your track and want to run I-15 and C-12 classes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am glad to hear this Frank. I really feel bad about what the USRA did to you for the 2017 Nats. The biggest problem that ALWAYS plagued the USRA was the fact that there is no recourse for such bad proposals that get voted in. We all have to wait a year to make a correction to a bad decision. The votes on any changes this drastic should not be made by voting on them. The racers never take in to consideration as to what the ripple effect these kinds of decisions will have on the entire industry. Where is the BOD? They have the power to reverse this decision. They also had the power to decide that these proposals were not good for our hobby. There were MUCH better solutions to the problem of attendance to the Nats. Frank I know that you have tried for years to be able to host the Div. 1 Nats. Hopefully your ideas to combat the USRA mistakes will reap you many rewards. Looking forward to your solutions. I too only race I-15's and C-12's. I have raced I-15's for over 30 years and C-12's since its inception. I started wing racing with I-15's back when it was the introductory class to USRA racing. To see it eliminated is gut-wrenching!
    Jeff Bechtel/Former Int-15 World & National Champion

Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know who made the proposal?
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Nobody's talking Mike... it a mystery at this time...

Bernie Schatz

We don't and won't know who made this proposal. Would you own up to it if you made the proposal? Of course not! All I know is that there were a lot of racers that wanted to propose a change to the class structure. ie: Do away with the Expert/Am divisions with all the classes. There were many suggested on here and on FB. But, were those sent in as official proposals? If they were then why were they not included in what was voted on in order to give us other options to vote on? When I was USRA Director all proposals were reviewed prior to going to vote by all the USRA officials and decisions were made as to whether there were duplicates and if so, which version of the proposal made more sense for the entire organization. I also know that this way of bringing the proposals to the racers was changed a while back and it was decided to bring ALL proposals to the racers to vote on. If that is the case, where are the other proposals? The whole process was a deliberate means to an end. The person who made the proposal has a lot to lose if they come forward. The person who did, did it to gain control! The person who did only did it for their own personal gain. I am not saying that I know who it is but I have a very good idea. So where is the BOD? Who is the BOD?
    Jeff Bechtel/Former Int-15 World & National Champion

I was at the Nats, there were no discussions about dropping class's. we did vote on Spec tyres - but from what I saw the current structure did not make sense. C12 is a relatively high end class with a lot of Grp 7 racers - it was run 7 days prior to the grp 7 event. Box 12 unlimited motors has pro and am - the more popular class seemed to be One Motor Box which is just one race - a more sensible thing would be to have no pro and am box 12 and separate OMB. I15 and C12 really did not have enough entries for an AM and Pro. Grp 27, I had a car built and was going to race - did a check the day before and there was only one other grp 27 racer so I stayed away- yes they had a race but all competitors reused 27L cars.

I would say this is simple - if you want to support a class you need to turn up and race it - that did not really happen in Atlanta. There was a lot of dead time with no racing, the COST to everyone could have been greatly reduced with a compressed schedule.

Hard to believe with the turnouts lately in some of the classes, multiple classes haven't been scheduled on the same day.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

First off, I am not a current member of the USRA and have not attended the Nats since Roger had it.

I have to say that I am not a fan of the schedule of the Nats and always found in the past years the schedule was tight. Not enough time available to test motors, bodies and break in tires. I remember races lasting past midnight and then going back to the track by 6am to get ready for the next day.
    I enjoy the schedule at the Worlds and at Reggies, just more time to get ready.

I do believe there should always be pro and am classes. How the officials will monitor pro motors being used is another issue. If the classes are combined why would an amateur want to race and spend good money to get run over, get in the way and just to do laps with the pro guys. It might attract less new racers.

So, reading part of Lindsay's post. If it was not voted on at Atlanta, then when and who voted on the dropping of the classes? Shouldn't the racers that attend or that are members vote on issues that affect their racing?

its a givin Roman made those proposals any time theres a problem its Romans fault Way to to go Roman
    When will you guys ever get your car to go around YFS

JD, it was a hostile take-over.More interested in who actually voted for the proposed changes

Why weren't all classes included in this vote? Who is going to travel around the country to race formula F and omb and neither class is run by G7 racers. They eliminated over 100 entrants from the host raceway. If this was big car racing lawyers would have been involved.
    The USRA is responsible for small turnouts by not supporting series racing around the country. They have been happy taking our money and giving us nothing but a rule book every year. The most successful races over the past couple years had nothing to do with the USRA.
    Skidmarks
    230 S. Averill
    Flint, Mi 48506