Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mid Atlantic Survival Challenge

These are fun classes. It is going to happen, I'm happy to say 😀
    Btw I appreciate good questions,& I have responded appropriately. Certainly could do without your extremely negative "racers beware" statement.

Would you point out to me where my extremely negative "racers beware" statement is and if that wasn't directed at me then I apologize, but if it was then I will accept your apology becase I said no such thing. However, feel free to reread the post so you can use an accurate quote. I hate being misquoted and prejudged. My intent was to set forth the fact that I hate to drive in snow and I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Racers beware was added on the poorly articulated and conflicting 'rules'? on rear clearance. Go back and re-read it, then clarify and corrrect it as needed. As written it indicates that the specification is not 063, but something which YOU are free to interpret before and after the race. Never seen a case where clearance is loose at the beginning, and then checked at the end of the event to support a grounds to prevent rightful payout. Your responses have not been appropriate, nor have they been timely. Convince us that you are serious and that this race will in fact happen, as a number of PMs on this proposal seems to indicate otherwise
    Last edited by RacerDeaf; 01-04-2017 at 02:30 PM.

After further discussion with the person "privately" donating the $100 race prize money, he has agreed to remove the .007 & .010 limits on the bodies for Mid Atlantic Survival Challenge 2017 at The Track in Gaithersburg,Md. January 28, 2017.

Sorry Fred, I meant that reply for deafracer or racerdeaf.

I have appreciated your questions. I hope your evening is restful.

.... Brother Billy ... this cloak and dagger.... come on Bro.

:-(

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

...more smoke and mirrors from mild willy

.. I had a long talk with Brother Billy .... he'll be posting a specific race announcement regarding the race format about a week before the race. I better start working on my super late model.

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

So if the front of the chassis isn't allowed to touch the track does that mean that you'll be conducting tech on the block and on the track surface? If that is so it would be good to have an accurate braid depth at the point where you will tech the front of the cars, as we all know the braid depth can vary at different areas of the track. This would require a body off tech correct? Why change the body thickness rule so close to the race? I know it won't matter to those of us who already have painted bodies ready to go but what about those racers who bought new bodies just to comply with the initial body rule? I live in Chesapeake, Va. and the daytime temps of 50 degrees and lower which doesn't provide a good environment for painting.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Well Fred, you are one of the several people we are attempting to adjust for, due to the fact(as you had pointed out)most of Mimi's bods are 005.
    I'm really sorry for the inconvenience to you. We were planning on as little rule adjusting as possible.
    Regarding tech, I was planning on checking front ends on green lane in the start area. I will check to be sure the next time I'm there(maybe this weekend)

��fyi everyone: We are currently in the hospital due to my Soli's Father having had a stroke,& other serious complications. Continued life support is being determined soon.
    If any of you are kindly praying people, your prayers would be deeply appreciated.

This Facebook un-updated version should not have been shown here before it was updated on facebook & not before talking to me.
    Mimi is the only one who can edit the rules listed on Facebook"Slotcar Racing Rocks", as she has recently done.
    Last edited by Wild Willy; 01-10-2017 at 04:29 PM.

It doesn't matter! "Racers beware" is not constructive, but deliberately de-constructive.
    Neither I, nor anyone I know would do such a thing to any races you are involved in promoting.
    All needed answers are available.
    Just because some of the "outlaw" rules may be different does not matter.
    Just because no tech person or race director has been announce, makes no difference. Just because the $100 donating slotcar enthusiast wishes to remain(for good reason) anonymous,...makes no difference.
    The race cars are fun and will be for anyone wishing to enjoy.
    Last edited by Wild Willy; 01-11-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Hi Nick, will you please take this old copy of the MASC rules down please?

Billy just clear the rules up on here and correct them. As far as slot car racing rocks Facebook page you are the administrator/creator of the page so I am confused as you say you cannot post as you usually do? Good luck with your event.
    Last edited by G1Good; 01-11-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    East Coast Flexi Series
    https://m.facebook.com/ECFSlot/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast