Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USRA Technical Bulletin 103116

USRA Technical Bulletin 103116

USRA Technical Bulletin 103116

Effective Immediately, ALL Cahoza Approved C C-can Products/Parts
    will NO longer be Approved or Allowed in USRA Competition in the
    OM Box, Gr 12, Gt-12 classes,GTP Class, and JRL classes

This is due to Cahoza not adhering to or following the USRA Industry Discount rules to the Distributors/Raceways.
    Last edited by Roger Schmitt; 11-01-2016 at 02:27 PM.
    Roger Schmitt

MidAmerica Slot Car Raceway LLC
    109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

Mid America Raceway Naperville
    1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

Any reason why?
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

From Facebook: "This is due to Cahoza not adhering to or following the USRA Industry Discount rules to the Distributors/Raceways."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Any reason why?
    Chase Walker

Can those industry discount rules be viewed online somewhere?
    Mack Johnson
    '86 Mustang footbraker
    6.435 @104
    http://www.facebook.com/NCslottracks

Roger:
    I am a relatively new Wing Car racer. (approx. 6 Months) During my beginning time I have ask you several questions and you have always been extremely helpful to me, I have purchased some items from your company. I joined USRA in Sept in anticipation of racing sanctioned events, During my first two months of membership 2/3rds of the classes that I have spent money on equipment to race have been eliminated from USRA's National program and now all my Box 12 motors are now illegal. Can you please explain to me why on earth would I want to remain in this organization.
    Perplexed

Mike Stuchell
    USRA Member #413

HI Mike Stuchell,
    I'm not sure why you are asking me this. The Membership votes on and makes the rules. Your fellow members voted to not run those classes at the nationals.

For your C can program, i would suggest asking Cahoza why they cannot meet the price restrictions. For example 4 years ago Cahoza DID sell a complete motor with Armature for less and also at a full discount.
    Now he cant sell just a set up and meet the pricing restriction?
    His set ups were legal last year, now he had decided to raise his prices and shorten his discounts.
    Roger Schmitt

109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

Roger:
    I understand about the discount for the distributors but what about the racers, Why not allow the existing items to remain approved and refuse to approve any new items as they become submitted. That would get the point across to the manufactures without stripping the racers of their wallets. I for one will not race any sanctioned races or renew my membership until this is changed. I have talked to a few of the track owners where I have raced and been assured that we will continue to race the motors as previously approved. I just won't be able to participate in USRA events. The way I look at it you just saved me $15 a year.

Good Luck

Mike

Just my 2 cents.
    Since the above mentioned classes OM 12 GRP 12
    are no longer to be sanctioned classes in the USRA. All pricing an availability rules
    pertaining to wing car racing have been thrown out the window.
    Mike Blevins
    serfprod@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stuch View Post
    Roger:
    I understand about the discount for the distributors but what about the racers, Why not allow the existing items to remain approved and refuse to approve any new items as they become submitted. That would get the point across to the manufactures without stripping the racers of their wallets. I for one will not race any sanctioned races or renew my membership until this is changed. I have talked to a few of the track owners where I have raced and been assured that we will continue to race the motors as previously approved. I just won't be able to participate in USRA events. The way I look at it you just saved me $15 a year.

Good Luck

Mike
    USRA leadership has all but killed off wing car racing in their organization. fortunately wing car racing in general is doing fine and in some cases thriving. Take a look at the Hillbilly Howl, Hillbilly Nats, Midwest Nats, BarnBurner and the Wing Car Worlds. Those races were all successful WITHOUT all the USRA B.S. The USRA only has one race a year and in the last couple years were VERY poorly attended. Unfortunately a USRA national championship holds little to no weight anymore as most are won by competing in a less than 8 car field. The total disregard for the racer has been heard loud and clear and moves like this prove nothing is going to change. To outlaw thousands of dollars in equipment in one fell swoop is a direct kick in the teeth to the GP 12 racers who invested in this hobby. I thought it was comical when the proposals were brought forward eliminating some core classes all together, but this one is Hilarious!
    Current Pro Box Stock, I-15 and 27L World Record Holder!

Roger, your timing is impeccable. Just when we thought all the air was out of the balloon you turned it inside out. Is this your way to attract more racers? Who is pulling your strings? You can't believe this is a good thing. Have you sold any Cahoza parts knowing this was going to happen. POOR FRANK, hope you two weren't close friends.
    Last edited by JIMSPOVE; 11-02-2016 at 01:27 PM.
    Skidmarks
    230 S. Averill
    Flint, Mi 48506

Just following the rules

am I happy with it? no.
    I just follow the rules as they are written.

Nobody is pulling my strings, but it appears some people want me to ignore violations of the rules

that is some of the stock i have here, there is quite a bit more in the rotating cases.
    Roger Schmitt

109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

While I can understand the reason for this decision, I think that this is premature. It seems to me that a couple of things need to be done first:

1) We should talk with the owner of Cahoza. I think that Tonda Vojtik could help us with that.

2) Like many racers, most of my C-cans are Cahozas. I really hadn't planned to change them all out in the few months prior to the Scale Nats. It would seem to me that if my first suggestion doesn't work, we should consider a later date (after the 2017 Div I and II Nats) for implementing your proposal.

Greg

This change really doesn't effect me but as the main guy you can fix this, this is no way to increase members. For the good of the hobby and the survival of the USRA we need to look at all resources to soothe the face slap that has happened over the last year. All concerned racers involved in these classes need to resolve the problem to see if this is good for this sport. Suicide should not be an option. You have cut off the head to spite the face. We need a pole to see if we've gone too far. Lets not forget that to most of us this is just a hobby.
    Many past members have given up their membership and we need to bring them back.
    Skidmarks
    230 S. Averill
    Flint, Mi 48506

When does the Cahoza stuff go on sale?
    Skidmarks
    230 S. Averill
    Flint, Mi 48506

Spove ALWAYS the voice of reason!!!
    JUST SHUT UP AND RACE!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast