Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USRA Technical Bulletin 103116

The only reason the steel frames aren't $135 is because of USRA price restrictions. I have seen a "USRA Legal" 27L chassis for $89 and a "World Rules" 27L chassis (Same exact chassis but 3.900" instead of 4.100") for $135.

Just sayin'..

-TheChad

Thanks for pointing out that our worlds 4 rail car is underpriced by $10.05 I'll be sure to make the added price adjustment when I have more cut.
    Give me my glue bottle!!!!!!!!!![B]

Just a little secret, it is cheaper to make an aluminum car then a steel car ��

Its also a lot cheaper to make, design and sell a car when someone else performed the R&D, designed it, and you then clone it ��
    JAQUE MEOPH RACING

Frankly, I'd like to see Al endbells in G12. At least they don't flex and they run like they are supposed to.

G12 is/has been one of the most expensive classes to race at a national level. I probably have at least 30 G12 setups sitting around somewhere. Out of all those, I have 6 Cahoza setups and they are all fast. So, tell me again how price restrictions make racing G12 cheaper.
    Pushing Zippity's Button every chance I get.

This is really stupid. A rule that was initially intended to keep costs for racers down is now going to cause a lot racers to spend more money. Or maybe they will just drop the classes.

Very well put!
    Why do I do this to myself?

Or since a lot of racers already have Cahoza motor, they will probably move to racing events that support these motors.
    Any track that supports the World rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzi View Post
    Or since a lot of racers already have Cahoza motor, they will probably move to racing events that support these motors.
    Any track that supports the World rules.
    Maybe the "World Rules" should be adopted as "Standard" and the USRA can allow things the workd rules don't, but the basic rule set would always follow the world rules..

-TheChad

IF this IS the Racers organization, is this REALLY what the racers want? It seems as though the move from the Cahoza cans has more to do with the manufacturers, distributers and slot shops than it does the RACERS. The opinion of the United Slot RACER'S Association should be what the racers want, shouldn't it? I agree with some price points, but anything that drives racers away is not good...

Easy fix. Propose a rule to eliminate price restrictions on setups. Done!

topkat,
    Agreed, but that does not help for 2017 Nats.

Mike K,
    Agree 100%.

I agree with all three posts above this one.

I think, the first thing to do would be to have someone speak to Cahoza. As I wrote before, pavel Flaisig or Tonda Vojtik could facilitate this if necessary. (Matt Bruce would be good for this.)

If that doesn't work, I suggest grandfathering in these set-ups through both 2017 Cats, together with a discussion among the membership as to what to do after that.

I appreciate that the intention here was to simply abide by the rules, but what it really does is to also hurt existing Nats racers in addition to the manufacturer.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by topkat View Post
    Easy fix. Propose a rule to eliminate price restrictions on setups. Done!
    So when will you be happy? When a setup is $100? $200?

It's quickly going to be like tires..

Not everyone gets 30%-50% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg N View Post
    I agree with all three posts above this one.

I think, the first thing to do would be to have someone speak to Cahoza. As I wrote before, pavel Flaisig or Tonda Vojtik could facilitate this if necessary. (Matt Bruce would be good for this.)

If that doesn't work, I suggest grandfathering in these set-ups through both 2017 Cats, together with a discussion among the membership as to what to do after that.

I appreciate that the intention here was to simply abide by the rules, but what it really does is to also hurt existing Nats racers in addition to the manufacturer.

Greg
    They finally got ahold of Cahoza last year, then Cahoza did it again this year. How many times must a person be told?

If you simply remove the price restriction, you also set presents for an all out massive over pricing just because they can. In addition, thats not fair to the companies that have been abiding to the price restriction.

How many of you complaining will even go to the NATS?

It's Done. Move on. Years ago C12 was restricted to 6 mag, which made alot of motors obsolete and cost racers far more than this. But we moved on. Life will continue, no one will continue going to the nats and either change will be made to fix that problem, or something better will come along.

-TheChad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123