Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USRA Technical Bulletin 103116

Quote Originally Posted by JIMSPOVE View Post
    When does the Cahoza stuff go on sale?
    Why?

It only affects one event - The USRA Nationals.
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

I completely understand a racers perspective with this and those that have invested into the product. I also agree with Jim that this will hurt participation both present and future.

However, these requirements regarding pricing are not new. It is obvious that Cahoza has known about this and has even been given some slack thanks to raceways and distributors. In all fairness what about the other manufacturers that are still abiding by and choosing to participate within the ruleset? To me wouldn't it be a bigger travesty to the manufacturers that sacrificing to be compliant? We can look at this now from a common sense standpoint, but the truth is that none of this is a new concept or surprise.

If this was happening to the second most popular setup, not many would be saying much.
    Matt Sheldon

Because it was legal and within the price requirements a short time ago why not faze it out like they did with BOW arms and other componets.......

The 2016 USRA Rulebook states $63.12 for a Group 11/12 setup. CAH 230S type "O", CAH 231S type "U", CAH 231 SB type "U", 232 SB type UL (priced at max) still meet this requirement. Prices from 2 online stores.
    Why do I do this to myself?

Has anyone seen the 2017 rules book. I tried to look one up and couldn't. At the rate the USRA is going we probably won't need one. They have eliminated most of the classes and pissed off many of the remaining racers. If the Europeans have been watching this fiasco they probably won't make the trip for fear of a ghost town next year.
    If you want to end the USRA just do it and get it over with. Don't we get enough politics in the real world? Has anyone put a dollar amount on this change to see if it is worth it?
    Last edited by JIMSPOVE; 11-03-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    Skidmarks
    230 S. Averill
    Flint, Mi 48506

Hey, if helps I wouldnt mind buying some illegal second hand cahoza box 12 motors.

Ok so let me get this straight. You guys are ok with manufacturers not following the rules? Spove Aren't you a partner in a raceway, They are cutting YOUR profit. Roger made the right call. Now maybe all of this negative energy needs to be sent to Cahoza!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Fugate View Post
    Ok so let me get this straight. You guys are ok with manufacturers not following the rules? Spove Aren't you a partner in a raceway, They are cutting YOUR profit. Roger made the right call. Now maybe all of this negative energy needs to be sent to Cahoza!
    Honestly, I don't think he cares. They are legal in ISRA and he's got the Euro market. Now that the Hillbilly races and Barn Burner are bigger than the USRA Nats, who cares.
    Pushing Zippity's Button every chance I get.

Why negative energy to Cahoza?

Has anyone even considered the Euro to Dollar exchange rate might have something to do with the restructuring of pricing? Personally, I don't know or even care if this had anything to do with the short discount but it's not too far of a stretch to see how it could? Anyway, the exchange rate changes daily. For sake of discussion Cahoza needs to make a certain profit and the Euro is weaker than when he established the pricing structure what do you really expect him to do?

Anyway slot cars and the USRA are antiquated enough. If one wants to have or race parts manufactured in a World economy than there needs to be some flexibility or someone with a modicum of knowledge needs to write a decent proposal to cover exchange rate variance into the USRA rules? Otherwise you might as well get used to just racing cheap Chinese junk.
    NONE

Some people think it is OK for the USA to dictate its business model to the rest of the world
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

The USRA has lost its ability to enforce price restrictions. It's power only came from its ability to regulate the racing of the vast majority of US racers. Now that Wing racing has splintered and is going the way of regional control and with the rise in popularity of the ISRA, the USRA no longer has the ability to dictate price restrictions. The Formula 2000 group regulates more wing racing then the USRA does. It's probably only a matter of time before Stu figures it out and starts changing pricing on his products as well. The only racing that the USRA now regulates is D-Can Flexi style racing.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hesketh View Post
    The USRA has lost its ability to enforce price restrictions. It's power only came from its ability to regulate the racing of the vast majority of US racers. Now that Wing racing has splintered and is going the way of regional control and with the rise in popularity of the ISRA, the USRA no longer has the ability to dictate price restrictions. The Formula 2000 group regulates more wing racing then the USRA does. It's probably only a matter of time before Stu figures it out and starts changing pricing on his products as well. The only racing that the USRA now regulates is D-Can Flexi style racing.
    Great, so wing car racing will get even more ridiculously expensive than it already is!

The death spiral continues.

Not necessarily, the trend to increased use of spec tires, is one example of where prices are being rolled back by the regions. With the decreased availability and increased cost of specialized aluminum frames I wouldn't be surprised to see the broader use of steel frames in other classes. After all 27 Light and now Hillbilly Box have become successful without the need for $135.00 aluminum frame kits.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

2014 - EUR x USD = 1.4
    2016 - EUR x USD = 1.1

Cahoza prices are EUR based right? Its difficult to understand his position, but now the currency is favorable for him. He can earn more EUR selling for the same prices of years ago.

The raceway can charge whatever they want for any product so the profit margin is a no call. My argument is that they have immediately banned motors that have been raced for years. Since the USRA has eliminated most classes where these motors are used it's not such a big deal and it's a scale racecar issue.
    I have paid high prices for quality products for a long time and if the Cahoza product was not superior people wouldn't be using it. With a little more work and time most products will be competitive but isn't your time worth a few dollars?
    Skidmarks
    230 S. Averill
    Flint, Mi 48506

I agree 100%. Cahoza is the company that needs to be getting all the negative energy. They have been playing this game for awhile now. I guarantee If you told Koford there were no more pricing restrictions they would happily double their prices as well..

All the Cahoza stuff was legal last year, how many people showed up the to NATS last year?? Soo...

Quote Originally Posted by Half Fast View Post
    Great, so wing car racing will get even more ridiculously expensive than it already is!

The death spiral continues.
    Yep. Because a large majority of wing racers are "pros", are affiliated with a raceway and or are friends with a pro and don't pay the ridiculously expensive prices, just like tires, they don't mind $28 tires because they don't pay $28. The real people that loose in these ungodly high prices are the "regular" folk just trying to race competitively..

It's the minority of us racers that are paying the over inflated retail prices that are getting forced out of this hobby.

As for the argument of international exchange rates, that falls into the category of "Not my problem".. If an international company wishes to import their product into the US and wishes them to be legal to race in a US sanctioned race, then they need to follow the rules for that sanctioned race in the US.

The reality is, you can't use the can and endbell any more, so what? You can remove and reuse the magnets and the armature, you can buy a koford setup cheap. A little labor and your now legal for the 1 race a year no one goes to anymore. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by hesketh View Post
    Not necessarily, the trend to increased use of spec tires, is one example of where prices are being rolled back by the regions. With the decreased availability and increased cost of specialized aluminum frames I wouldn't be surprised to see the broader use of steel frames in other classes. After all 27 Light and now Hillbilly Box have become successful without the need for $135.00 aluminum frame kits.
    The only reason the steel frames aren't $135 is because of USRA price restrictions. I have seen "USRA Legal" 27L chassis for $89 and "World Rules" 27L chassis (Same exact chassis but 3.900" instead of 4.100") for $135.

Just sayin'..

-TheChad
    Last edited by TheChad; 11-12-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast