Thread: nwss2017 National Weekly Slotcar Series

nwss2017 National Weekly Slotcar Series

This is how it works.
    Slot racers from all over can race for a National Championship at there home track
    NWSS is not a set of rules . There is no money involved by NWSS
    Tracks pick the class of car they which to race.
    One track can run Womps and another wing cars.

NWSS is a points series only . loosely based of NASCAR weekly series.

NWSS points system

1. 12 points
    2. 10
    3. 9
    4. 8
    5. 7
    6. 6
    5. 5
    4. 4
    3. 3
    2.2 points
    1st and back 1 point

Weekly bonus points
    5 show points for each weekly race run
    5 Points for racing all NWSS scheduled races at our track.
    9 or more racers 1 extra point
    14 or more 2 extra points.( to get points a racer must finish half of race event ) no start and stop for extra racer points.
    AT the end of 10 weekly races we add up the point and have a Champion. And each track will have NWSS champion.

The hope is to have a web sight where the weekly points and race results are On ??? Any price money will come from sponsors.
    What i need to know is how many tracks would be interested. My email is nwss2003@yahoo.com Bill Woodworth

Thanks for all the emails. let me sort this out. tentative schedule for 2017 series would start Jan 14 thru March 4 8 races in total . The track picks a class they would run. and sends me the weekly race results name and points. Right now i need 6 tracks to sign up. Cost nothing to be a NWSS track or member. If this gives racers a incentive to race that is the goal. Tracks can call me at 952 356 7989 Thanks bill Woodworth

Yes places 7th thru 10 are wrong points are right. Thats kind of the point of all this . Let those racers that want to go to the big shows go. let the guy/girl that comes and races at that track every week a chance to win a Championship. IT is made for the weekly racer that cannot go or does not have the money to go to the Major Races. Bill