Thread: The USRA Rulebook 2017

The USRA Rulebook 2017

The USRA Rulebook has been updated and the 2017 version has been posted on the USRA Website.

The USRA will not be printing rulebooks in 2017 and anyone can easily print the complete 2017 USRA rulebook on their home computer/printer.

The rules can be found here:
    http://www.usraslots.com/usra-rules/
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 11-30-2016 at 06:53 PM. Reason: fixed link
    Roger Schmitt

MidAmerica Slot Car Raceway LLC
    109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

Mid America Raceway Naperville
    1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

It's good to see you guys stuck to your guns and didn't make the necessary corrections to the new rule book. Yes, that was sarcasm. Why do you persist in allowing the typos and ambiguous to remain in the rule book? You have an opportunity to fix it and you don't.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Rather than trying to pick a fight, have you listed and notified the USRA of the individual typing errors?
    Last edited by Zippity; 12-01-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Not trying to pick a fight just trying to logically understand why the typos and ambiguous statements couldn't be cleared up after being in the rule book for at least 2+ years. To any reasonable individual it would only take a small amount of common sense to see that there are problems in the rule book that could be addressed during a rewrite, unless there is another reason for not making the corrections that I'm unaware of. In that case an explanation would be in order.
    Last edited by Fast Freddie; 12-02-2016 at 02:27 PM.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

the typos and ambiguous statements couldn't be cleared up after being in the rule book foe at least 2+ years.
    Hopefully, you'll be taking care of your own typos.......

Freddie

Have YOU advised the editors of the USRA Rules of the spelling errors?

Proof reading one's own writings is the worst way to spot errors.
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Just so you'll be well informed Zippity, typos don't always have to be spelling errors. It could simply be a 4 in place of an 8 like in the 41/2" NASCAR bumper rules. I sometimes forget to read my own post completely and since no body is perfect even I make mistakes. However, letting mistakes stand for several years in a rule book many racers use seems a little much don't ya think. I did get a PM from Roger, I showed him my concerns and I'm sure he'll take care of the problem. Now you guys can get back to racing. Good luck.

Thanks

Thanks for getting the rules out promptly.

Stuart