Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 Northeast Flexicar Nationals

Who is in charge of this race?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    WOW now I'm going bananas. I had JK on the mind for some reason. Yes I meant PS4002FK brushes. Is it OK to install a set of them that have a radius already cut? Jon if all you say is in fact the case then there would be no shaft trimming or hardware alignment allowed. Yes I made a mistake on the brand of brushes I meant PS brushes but I'm just trying to find out the limits on what can be done to the "stock sealed motors " for this race. What about removing the seal over hang that is always present in the air flow slots? What about tightening the tangs that hold the magnets to help prevent them from moving? What about using clear nail polish on the seal so it doesn't go away due to excess handling? Inquiring minds want to know, especially mine.
    Fred,
    The intention of the "sealed" motor is to run the motor as it comes from the manufacture. I will allow the racers to trim off the excess of the armature shaft but thats all. I wanted to keep the class as equal as possible, there is no need for any of the stuff you had mentioned. The intent is to have the racer get his or her motor, solder the pinion on, solder it in the car and go race.

I understand the "intent" of running a sealed motor and I fully support your attempt to do so. As for the "need" of what I mentioned I do those things, as a "precaution", to all my personal motors because I like to race and not spend my time replacing motors. All the things I mentioned that I do doesn't affect the "sealed stock motor" principle at all and certainly no more then cutting the arm shaft.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Considering making the sunday show.... the cup cars are a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Markg View Post
    Considering making the sunday show.... the cup cars are a blast!
    Hope to see you there, it was good seeing you back at fast tracks!

I would like to thank those who made the 2017 NE Flexy Nats at Speedzone a success. A big thank you to Mike Iles for keeping the lights on, Mic Bird for policing the herd, Cindy for her positive attitude, Mark for bench warming after his cars broke, Brandon for flawless race directing, Jon and Andrew for the idea, Wes for tuning tips, and the many class sponsors that provided raffle prizes.

I had a great time this weekend.

I had a great time, just didn't do so well. Thanks to Mic, Mike and especially Cindy who got me a really nice chair to park my big butt in. Do you guys plan on posting the results and some pics? Thanks again.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Hey guys. How bout posting results! Too long now. Tony, where are thi pictures?

Group 12 / nascar Cup cars

LMP

GTP

I didn't take pics of the Indy results
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gotboostedvr6; 04-15-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks. I had a great time. Most fun race I had all year. Looking forward to next time.

Come on Dale ..... you can't hurry perfection.

My window is at least 2 weeks after the event. :-)

Tony

OWH Slotographer

Yea Tony. I was expecting 13x9 color prints . ��

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123