Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Northeast Flexicar Nationals

Just a couple of quick updates. First is gearing for the LMP class. It was a mistake on my part, but gearing for the LMP class will be 64 pitch only! The rule book will be updated to match. 2nd is i would like to thank Bill Bugenis from Model Electromotive, Bill has stepped up and is the race Sponsor for the Penn/Jersey class so thank you Bill!. Also Pooh Bear Racing products has accepted to be a sponsor. They have offered 1 of their new Power Supplies for the race which we will raffle off. A very nice prize for someone to walk away with so a big thank you to Pooh Bear Racing for doing that. The event is shaping up nicely and as more comes along we will post it.

I see that there is no rear height maximum for LMP, because they have to be cut on the cut line, but there is for GTP set at 1 7/8. Will the max height for GTP be measured from a standard tech block like the USRA or a relieved tech block like the ISRA? Thank you.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    I see that there is no rear height maximum for LMP, because they have to be cut on the cut line, but there is for GTP set at 1 7/8. Will the max height for GTP be measured from a standard tech block like the USRA or a relieved tech block like the ISRA? Thank you.
    It will be measured on a recessed block

Do I read that right, is the tire for the LMP class The JK Treated .700 dia. on a .400 hub tire? Since an 11 tooth gear is mandatory it will take a 34 or 35 tooth spur gear just to be in the gear ratio ballpark. Has anyone done this setup in a X25 chassis, do you have to axle groove the motor can? Just want to know how to set up the chassis. Will it be OK to cut the armature shaft at both ends in the LMP class?
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Don't think it should be too hard. Have run a S16D in a X25 geared 9/36 with a 720 tire. Don't think you need to notch the can to make it work. ...and yes, this combination does rest flush with the bottom of the chassis
    Last edited by RacerDeaf; 02-11-2017 at 06:57 AM. Reason: post #22 'flush' response added

For LMP can we trim the brushes to reduce push starts/ motor meltdowns?

Technically you don't have to notch any can especially if your not concerned if it sits flush with the chassis or not. This is a mini can and as such is much narrower than a 16D can and shouldn't pose a problem. I gear mini motors at 12x42 and 13x42 with 72 pitch angled gears and have no axle clearance problems. The 11 tooth pinion will help but it's probably going to take a 34 or 35 maybe a 36 tooth spur and the small diameter of the spur will place the can closer to the axle. There is also no 34-35 angled spurs so the gear mesh will be critical, since both gears are straight cut like in the old days, I'll probably use Pablos method using axle spacers to set the mesh.

Do I read that right, is the tire for the LMP class The JK Treated .700 dia. on a .400 hub tire? Since an 11 tooth gear is mandatory it will take a 34 or 35 tooth spur gear just to be in the gear ratio ballpark. Has anyone done this setup in a X25 chassis, do you have to axle groove the motor can? Just want to know how to set up the chassis. Will it be OK to cut the armature shaft at both ends in the LMP class?
    You may trim off the excess of the armature shaft. No other cutting or grinding will be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6 View Post
    For LMP can we trim the brushes to reduce push starts/ motor meltdowns?
    No, brushes and springs must remain in the stock configuration.

Another update for the race which is only a month away now. Handout cost for the LMP Class will be $25.00, so total entry fee will be $35.00. A big thank you to Mic Byrd from Speedzone for putting that deal together. Also, Gene Pell Fasttrackshobbies, as well as Speedzone Raceway, and Motors by Mic have become individual class sponsors. A big thank you to them as well.

I recently got my LMP body for this race. The rule states that the body must be cut on the cut line. Normally that would mean the front and sides of the body. Does it also include the up angle on the sides at the rear and the 1 1/4 inch excess on the rear of the body coming down from the rear spoiler? Will we be allowed to install JK 4002FK brushes that have a radius already cut into them or will we have to radius the brushes that come with the motor at the track? Will we be allowed to check/align the hardware? Can we cut the arm shaft on the can end for tire clearance and on the endbell end to remove the excess? Thank you

I recently got my LMP body for this race. The rule states that the body must be cut on the cut line. Normally that would mean the front and sides of the body. Does it also include the up angle on the sides at the rear and the 1 1/4 inch excess on the rear of the body coming down from the rear spoiler? Will we be allowed to install JK 4002FK brushes that have a radius already cut into them or will we have to radius the brushes that come with the motor at the track? Will we be allowed to check/align the hardware? Can we cut the arm shaft on the can end for tire clearance and on the endbell end to remove the excess? Thank you
    I interpreted the LMP body rules as must be cut in the line all the way around the body not just the front. It's always better thou to have to much then not enough.
    As far as the motors go they have to say on stock configuration so I would take that as no after market/none stock products. Must be the stock PS brushes and springs. As far as aligning the hardware you can't tech for that since they are all not the same. With the arms shafts Andrew already answered that question a couple of posted up. I believe you were the one that asked it. He replied you may cut excess of the arm shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Madtes
    Penn/Jesery NASCAR Series
    Motors by Mic B
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Fast Tracks Raceway
    USRA D-2 Supporter

See that's what happens when you get old. You forget things you ask just 5 days ago. I just hope I don't forget to bring my cars to the race. Now. where's that track located. LOL

Jon, I wasn't asking about the use of non-stock brushes and springs just about if we could radius a set of JK 4002FK brushes in advance. Otherwise, guys like me will have to rely on box and track time to brake in the brushes since I don't have a hone for that particular size comm.

Fred, are you referring to a set of ProSlot brushes? You keep referring to JK 4002fk brushes.
    If in fact you are referring to a set of PS brushes that you pre-radius and install once you get your "hand-out" motor then what's the sense of a hand-out motor? I can't speak for the guys putting in the show and I am unsure on what they would reply with but I would say the intent of the rule would be you run what parts are in the hand-out motor. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Madtes
    Penn/Jesery NASCAR Series
    Motors by Mic B
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Fast Tracks Raceway
    USRA D-2 Supporter

WOW now I'm going bananas. I had JK on the mind for some reason. Yes I meant PS4002FK brushes. Is it OK to install a set of them that have a radius already cut? Jon if all you say is in fact the case then there would be no shaft trimming or hardware alignment allowed. Yes I made a mistake on the brand of brushes I meant PS brushes but I'm just trying to find out the limits on what can be done to the "stock sealed motors " for this race. What about removing the seal over hang that is always present in the air flow slots? What about tightening the tangs that hold the magnets to help prevent them from moving? What about using clear nail polish on the seal so it doesn't go away due to excess handling? Inquiring minds want to know, especially mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast