Robert Geibel
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Power by Mic Byrd & ChaChing Motors.
    Garden State Isra/Usa
    Garden State Isra Club, Bayville NJ
    Retro East
    Retro Chassis by JRM Chassis

Doug,

Thanks for the kind words. Tony and I have work hard over the last 5 years to provide a race format that is simple and fair for all involved. The racers have seemed to embrace this by their continued support making the GB 1100 the largest race of the year. We are also thankful that Mimi has always been supportive of our efforts in trying to come up with these racing opportunities.

You know that you and the PJ guys are always welcome. Maybe next year...

Rob- The cars look great...

Last week to prep those cars...

The GB 1100 is coming this Saturday, 20 May...

Only 2 more days lets get a roll call and see who is gonna be at this Cool Race that Bill and Tony put on.
    Robert Geibel
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Garden State Isra/Usa
    Retro East

I know from Jersey we have Bill Sutton, Matt Bruce, Andrew Eldridge and Myself. From PA I know Jon Madtes and Mark Greene and from NY Jim Harter. We are all coming down and it should be a fun event.
    Robert Geibel
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Garden State Isra/Usa
    Retro East

...count down ...

Rob,

My preliminary head count is .....

NJ 4
    PA 4
    VA 3-4
    NC 3
    NY 2
    MD 8-9
    FL 1

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, that gives us 25 to 27 racers.

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

..of note .....

I've tried posting this message earlier this week (on another device) .. for some reason it never attached to the thread....

Anyway ......

As everyone knows the race is in a couple of days, The Track will open at 8AM; there are competing "business" adjacent to The Track, it will be prudent to arrive at the raceway close to when it's door opens to get a good parking space.

Local racers will be assisting in tech, qualifying and any other tasks they are assigned on Saturday. RacerDeaf has/is tweaking The King and will be prepping the track surface to optimal condition for the race. Thanks RD. RD added some finishing touches around the King last weekend; thanks to Tim Webster for assisting RD as well for the other construction tasks he's performed at The Track over the years.

Thanks to Mimi for letting us host this even again. Bill and I are always mindful for the specter of Roman K. Roman helped us in the early days of the series, for some reason we always feel his presence.

See everyone on Saturday.

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

RD, our track and "Glue Master" has the Track cleaned, glued, and ready for tomorrow. Carolina and NY in the house laying down some fast laps...

See the rest of you at 8AM...

I was a great turn out. My thanks to all the good racers who made the trip and to Tony, Bill, Wendell and the sponsors for making it happen. I look forward to Tony's pictures and the report.
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

just a quick snapshot from Saturday

FullSizeRender.jpg

I had a great time as always. Thanks to all the guys who had a hand in putting this race on. A special thanks to Wendell for a very well prepped track. My cars ran the best I could make them run. That had to be the best turnout so far. A VERY Special thanks to Mimi for the facility so us old codgers can play with our toy cars. It was great seeing all my fellow racers I've had the pleasure of meeting and knowing over my last 27+ years of slot car racing, yes even you Teddy. LOL
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

We had a good time! It was challenging,& educational for some of us.. This is my second attempt,& I am very happy with how all my cars work on The Track.
    I'm hoping to make it to the starting line in the NASCAR class next time! When I figured out what my NASCAR needed [after the race] :-(.....

....... my car did a 3.543 second lap!(thanks Joe Weinstein for pointing out a numerical error today)

Woohoo! Slotcar Racing Rocks!
    Last edited by Wild Willy; 06-03-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345